Senior Investment Analyst
About the Employer:
The employer, a Dubai-based Family Office, is an active investor across different sectors/verticals, mainly in Real Estate, tech start-ups, passion investments, etc… The employer is always on the look-out to explore new sectors, with an active/involved investment approach
About the Role:
The Senior Investment Analyst will work closely with the CIO and Accounting team. The Senior Investment Analyst will have exposure to all aspects of the investment program for the Family Office and will also work with select investment managers and external advisors. This position will deal with highly sensitive and confidential information. Absolute discretion and professionalism are required.
- Primary responsibility in direct investments in venture companies in their various funding rounds
- Managing the deal pipeline, Screening and prioritizing new investment opportunities.
- Due diligence, including financial statement analysis, business drivers and key factor analysis, valuation analysis, financial forecasting, and risk assessment of investment opportunities.
- Conduct investment analysis research on fund managers and market themes.
- Build financial models with advanced Excel skillset and prepare due diligence reports.
- Present investment recommendations to the CIO and Investment Committee.
- Monitor portfolio companies, including regular interaction with management teams, updating of models based on new information including financial statements.
- Performance reporting and analysis and written commentaries on investments.
Skills and qualifications
- Excellent analytical skills with an ability to collect and analyze information.
- Hands on experience applying various valuation methodologies, e.g. DCF, sum of the parts, start-up valuation methods. Advanced knowledge and experience of corporate finance and accounting concepts.
- Broad exposure to key industry sectors, and an ability to gain deep sector knowledge as required.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to express views and complex subjects clearly and succinctly.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience analyzing businesses for investment purposes, of which at least some part in private equity or venture capital assessing opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree. CFA, MBA, or accounting qualification would be an advantage.
- Experience can include but is not limited to any of the following areas:
- Investment banking or capital markets
- Asset management
- Private Equity
- Investment function in single or multi-family office
- Investment function at direct investment fund or multi-asset investment fund
- Investment consultancy
This is an opportunity to join a team of investment professionals managing a globally diversified portfolio of private investments.
The position is based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
The position will offer a competitive base salary plus performance bonus
More searches like this
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Private Equity/Venture Capital Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors