Investment Analyst (Clean/Renewable Energy)
- Undertaking commercial, technical, financial and legal due diligence work streams for prospective investments.
- Managing second line due diligence and governance assessments undertaken by specialist colleagues from across the group to complete the required internal components of the due diligence on the investment.
- Undertake the economic valuation and modelling to deliver a quantitative appraisal of the assets in terms of expected returns and evaluation of how the structures will behave under loss scenarios and determining breakpoints for back stressing;
- Preparation and presentation of investment reports both for dissemination internally within the team and more broadly to/for group-wide committees.
- Research and analysis of technologies, markets and opportunities used to evaluate the Direct Investment pipeline and presented to the forum for deciding on which deals are pursued.
- Input to the approval process for any acquisition or disposal to ensure it is in line with group governance policies and processes.
- Ensure that information provided to decision making committees is accurate and risks are clearly presented.
- Ensure all Management Information is high quality, timely and correct to support decision making, implementation of strategy and manage the asset pipeline.
- On-going management oversight of clean energy portfolio investments.
- Ideally Business, Economics, Engineering, Environmental Science or Mathematical Graduate with ACA/ACCA/CFA or equivalent
- A background from a 'Big 10' Audit firm - sitting in Transaction Services/Deal Advisory/FDD/Corporate Finance with a sector specialism in Clean Energy
- Ability to perform financial statement analysis, detailed cash flow modelling of deals and familiarity with key valuation techniques (e.g. DCF) to come up with recommendations for a variety of senior audiences.
- Experience in clean energy investments (assets, companies and/or technology), ideally including different technologies and/or business models.
- Preference for experience of working with equity investors on clean energy transactions within corporate finance, private equity or infrastructure.
- Experience of managing formal Due Diligence including review of contracts, assessment of risks.
- Ability to assess risk and to work with other parties to ensure risks of an investment are understood and accepted.
- Must be commercially astute and demonstrate excellent investment appraisal and analysis skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent quantitative skills and very strong MS Excel / financial modelling skills.
- Excellent report writing skills preferably using MS Word and Powerpoint.