Tempered Investment Management Ltd. is an independent boutique value investment management firm founded in 2010 and based in North Vancouver. We invest globally and are fundamentally driven long-term value investors. We steward assets on behalf of institutional, high net worth clients and individuals.
Tempered is looking for an Investment Analyst who is passionate about research and value investing, intellectually curious, entrepreneurial and team oriented. There is the opportunity to rise within the company and take on greater responsibilities where appropriate.
Reporting to the Chief Investment Officer, the successful candidate will be an integral part of the Investment team and will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
• Perform independent fundamental research on companies across different industries and market capitalization.
• Prepare internal reports and updates on existing investments and investment opportunities
• Collaborate in the investment process
• Travel domestically and internationally
• Contribute to client reports
• Perform investment and trade administration
Education, Skills and Requirements:
• 5+ years of equity investment experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field
• Ideal candidate will have a CFA or other relevant designation
• Language Skills (especially Japanese) preferred
• Advanced computer skills (including Word, Excel and Power Point)
• Advanced skills in developing and maintaining financial models
• Proficient written, verbal and presentation skills
• Strong attention to detail, excellent organization skills, ability to manage multiple responsibilities
• Ability to independently solve problems
Salary will be commensurate with experience.