Associate Portfolio Manager
Gofen and Glossberg, L.L.C. – Associate Portfolio Manager
Gofen and Glossberg, L.L.C., founded in 1932, provides investment guidance to individuals, families, foundations, endowments, companies and pension plans. Based in Chicago, the firm manages more than $5B in assets. Our successful long-term approach to wealth management is shaped by the personal and collaborative relationships we have formed with clients and their families across generations. We custom-tailor an investment strategy to address each client’s objectives. As an independent investment counsellor, our only commitment is to our clients and their best interests. Personal attention and service are the hallmarks of our firm.
The associate portfolio manager will support portfolio managers in the design and implementation of the best investment strategy for clients. In this role, s/he will work closely with portfolio managers in managing client portfolios, analyzing investment options, optimizing investment strategies and meeting with clients.
- Assist in the design and implementation of investment portfolios using individual stocks, bonds and ETFs
- Prepare written reports, and participate in client presentations
- Analyze financial plans for clients
- Generate and maintain customized financial models
- Assist with a variety of projects to improve investment decisions
- Participate in meetings with existing and prospective clients
- High level understanding of capital markets and investment management, including portfolio analysis, risk management, security selection and equity analysis
- Passion for the stock market and the investment business
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Well-organized and detail-oriented with ability to work on a wide range of projects
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Self-starter and team player with a keen interest in serving clients
- 3-5 years of work experience, preferably in the financial field
- MBA, CFP or CFA charter is preferred
To apply for the position, please send a cover letter and resume to
Gofen and Glossberg, L.L.C. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.