Investment Director - Fixed Income
Mackenzie Investments was founded in 1967 and is a leading investment management firm providing investment advisory and related services to retail and institutional clients. The company has $141.6 billion in assets under management, and as part of IGM (a subsidiary of the Power Financial Group of Companies), is the largest independent asset manager in Canada. We are committed to the financial success of investors, through their eyes.
Everything we do starts with the needs of investors, whether they are saving for a child’s postsecondary education, setting money aside for the future needs of a family member with a disability, or funding their own retirement. In fact, our focus is summed up in our Vision statement: We are committed to the financial success of investors, through their eyes.
Our growth and success are the direct result of our employees, and we strive to create a workplace supported by the following core values: Creativity and Innovation, Strong Decision Making, Collaboration, Courage, Honesty and Integrity, Confidence and Pride.
At Mackenzie Investments you can Build Your Career with Confidence by:
Changing the Game: We have a vision and a strategy that will challenge the way business in this industry is done and help Canadians be successful in the ways that mean the most to them.
Making a Smarter World: We believe in continuous learning, understanding what is most important and sharing the benefits of that knowledge.
Being Proud: As a part of our team you will do some of your best work, develop some of your most valuable skills and give back in ways that make a difference in the lives of Canadians.
Joining an Unstoppable Team: We build teams that look out for each other, ask the best of each other and deliver the finest work.
Learning and Growing: We offer an environment where you can indulge your curiosity to learn; getting the challenges and feedback you need to refine your skills and abilities.
Thriving in a Supportive Environment: We have created a workplace where your efforts and career are supported by your team and your leader.
At Mackenzie Investments, we value innovation, leadership and personal commitment. Our growth and success are the direct result of our employees, whose efforts have created a solid foundation for the confidence shown in us by our peers, investors and their financial advisors.
- Develop long-term strategic business plans for existing products
- Articulate points of differentiation for Mackenzie products and strategies
- Product positioning and competitive differentiation; define unique capabilities and benefits/value proposition to effectively retain existing clients
- Competitive Analysis – Analyzing assets and flows, competitive performance, and positioning; communicating throughout the organization
- Marketing support – Creating content for fact sheets, brochures, or web content. Developing story lines for fund positioning, and providing input on public relations, website, sales presentations, and talking points
- Coordinate with portfolio management, sales, and marketing to ensure and communicate consistent product positioning and messaging
- Develop proactive insights, perspectives, product training, and support to sales teams
- Develop and communicate expertise on mutual fund and institutional industry trends
- Create new analytical tools and frameworks
- Develop and conduct education/training for client-facing personnel
- Raise profile of competitive investment strategies or solutions to the client-facing organization
- Develop messaging and create content of materials to differentiate Mackenzie and explain performance
- Collaborate with client-facing colleagues to develop customized client solutions
- Opportunistically provide insight to distribution and global portfolio content & analytics partners in the completion of highly customized request for proposals (RFPs)
- Provide portfolio updates to internal and external partners
- Understand each channel and develop appropriate product strategy
- Attend due diligence or sales calls
- Share insights garnered externally with investment, client-facing and product development teams
- Client advocate within the organization
- Comprehensive knowledge of investment philosophy, process, performance and research
- Independent, objective and experienced investment professional that serves as the crucial feedback mechanism to the investment management and distribution teams
- Strong capital market knowledge combined with the ability to interpret and communicate the impacts to investment performance
- Understand investment strategies, performance, and attribution analysis
- Develop deep partner relationships with all Mackenzie functional units and knit groups together
- Contribute new product development ideas
- Gather and communicate intelligence from client/prospect/consultant meetings
- Create client-facing enthusiasm for innovative new products
- Collaborate with product development and portfolio management colleagues to bring new ideas to market
- The ideal candidate will have at least 7-10 years of relevant experience in Fixed income
- Strong investment knowledge of fixed income capital markets and strategies
- Strong analytical and data visualization skills
- Proven client relations skills, including possessing the skill to manage multiple constituent relationships within the organization
- Ability to command respect from the external investment community, including clients
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Poise, judgment, and gravitas to represent Mackenzie with clients and prospects
- Must be a self-starter who is achievement-oriented, motivated and has proven problem solving skills in a client service role coupled with creative solutions
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- CFA preferred
Values and Personal Attributes:
- Analytical, strategic thinker
- Ability to build relationships internally with all levels
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Flexible - comfort managing multiple complex tasks at once; prioritizing
- Creative, entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to implement – not just analyze
- Intellectual rigor
- Team-oriented mindset
- Warm, friendly, collegial, and approachable
- Ability to relate well to all kinds of people
- Energetic leader
- High integrity
If you are interested in applying for this position please direct applications on-line using the “apply for this job” icon located at the bottom or to the left of the posting. If you would like to refer someone for the position please email the posting using the “email this job” option and have your referral indicate that they were referred by you when completing the application. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Human Resources. Please record your extension number on your resume and cover letter. The career level for this position is P9.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments offers an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive base salary, performance-based bonuses, excellent benefits, recognition for your accomplishments, and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Mackenzie Investments is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.