Senior Director, Society Relations, Americas
CFA Institute is the world’s largest association of investment management professionals. As a global, independent organization, with a community of more than 175,000 members and 150+ member societies, we lead the investment profession by promoting the highest standards of ethics, education, and professional excellence for the ultimate benefit of society.
We, we care about our employees’ mental, physical, social, and financial well-being. That’s why we are committed to providing a comprehensive, competitive benefits package that offers flexibility to make choices that meet their needs:
- Health and well-being benefits that are amongst the best in the industry with full comprehensive medical, dental, and vision for employees and their family members
- Comprehensive leave and time off plans
- A focus on Financial Well-being means that we stack our retirement benefits against the most competitive standards.
- Flexible work arrangements
- Wellness, education, and employee assistance benefits
The Senior Director, Society Relations, Americas is responsible for leading CFA Institute’s engagement with CFA Societies across the Americas Region. The role represents the CFA Institute mission and strategy to societies and other external stakeholders, and the voice of societies in the region to internal teams. As a member of the Global Society Relations and Regional Management teams, the role leads and develops society relationship managers and collaborates across regions and functions to ensure effective delivery of our global operating model with societies, enabling societies in the region to serve their stakeholders and support the CFA Institute mission and strategy.
As the Senior Director, Society Relations, Americas, you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop and lead a high performing regional team responsible for overseeing relationships with societies in the region and ensuring strategic alignment and impact
- Design and implement a servicing model in the region that optimizes resource allocation while effectively supporting society capacity to achieve local and joint objectives in their markets
- Regularly facilitate opportunities to share and leverage new resources, research, thought leadership, learning products and services in local markets to serve members and the wider investment profession
- Organize or contribute to strategic outreach activities including robust society leader training, both virtual and in-person, and consultancy that supports robust local strategic and business planning
- Monitor society activities and objectives against strategic goals and service standards to measure impact and recommend adjustments
- Partner with institutional relations colleagues to ensure effective collaboration with societies on outreach to institutions and stakeholders in their markets, especially in strategic and XL society markets
- Facilitate collaboration and sharing of best practices between societies in the region and across the globe
- Contribute to overall organizational objectives through leading or participating in global projects, as required
- Closely collaborate with colleagues across CFA Institute to ensure representation of the society voice as well as global consistency in the planning and execution of initiatives or development of products
- Oversee strategic grant making, lead and develop Regional Society Leadership Conferences, ensure robust governance and advocacy training as required
- Responsible for establishing an open and collaborative team culture where strong performance, innovation and contributions above and beyond are valued and recognized
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The skills and experience required for this role are:
- Significant experience managing client relationships
- Minimum of 12 plus years of work experience with a minimum of eight plus years of experience in managing a team to meet challenging objectives
- CFA Charter, investment industry experience, and/or MBA strongly preferred
- Demonstrable ability to lead teams and develop and mentor talent
- Highly collaborative style; experienced in establishing trust and building strong relationships and influencing stakeholders at multiple managerial levels.
- Demonstrable strategic planning and project management skills
- Strong understanding of governance best practices, through professional or volunteer experience
- Experience in developing and managing budgets
- Experience in planning and delivering conferences
- Working knowledge of multi-media and social media
- Fluency in English required; multilingual preferred
This opportunity is open to internal and external candidates. CFA Institute is committed to the professional development of its employees; first/full consideration will be given to internal candidates.