Advisor - Acquisitions and Dispositions
6 days left
Job Title: Advisor, Acquisitions and Dispositions
Location: Calgary, Alberta (Head Office)
Reports to: CEO
· Work directly with CEO and the Acquisition and Disposition Team to source, identify, negotiate and acquire accretive investment opportunities in major centers, that align with Boardwalk’s long term strategy
· Utilize existing relationships and connections to identify non-marketed & marketed opportunities in select target markets
· Continual review of market screeners and long term strategy
· Maintain broker and owner contacts
· Identify assets for disposition to help the REIT re-deploy capital to higher growth opportunities
· Manage and prioritize deal flow
· Assist team members in understanding complex acquisitions and the ongoing mentoring and development of team
· Perform detailed analysis of portfolios and/or other high priority deals
· Work with development team in identifying additional opportunities, continue to build relationships with potential development partners
· Participate in quarterly board of trustee meetings, including working with team to prepare and present.
· Create unique business models for ad hoc projects within tight timeframes for CEO and senior management
· Assist in various capacities on project specific tasks where an in depth understanding of financial concepts is crucial
Education and Experience:
· Related post-secondary degree required
· CFA or MBA designation preferred
· Knowledge of and familiarity with publicly available real estate and macro-economic data sources (CMHC, Statistics Canada, etc.).
· 5 or more years of professional experience in a senior capacity in the real estate industry
· Exceptional level of knowledge with respect to excel, and financial modeling tools
· Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
· Ability to learn and adapt to changing systems and new technology
· Manage a team’s resources efficiently
· Build strong corporate culture within team including succession planning
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to interact with senior management and officers
· Progressive and creative thinker
· Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain utmost confidentiality
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize
· Ability to adapt well to change and have a growth mindset
· Able to work in a fast paced environment
· Travel will be required
Please visit our website: https://www.bwalk.com/en-ca/careers/
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume.
We would like to thank you in advance for your application, however, only those candidates who are being considered will be contacted. Offers of employment will be contingent on satisfactory Security Background Checks, Reference Checks, and Post-offer/Pre-employment Physical Testing where applicable.
About the Company
Ready to shape the future of our communities? Come work with us and learn where doing what you love means never working a day in your life!
Deeply rooted in family spirit and humility, Boardwalk’s five core values of integrity, associates, teamwork, customer service and social responsibility are more than just words - they are a way of life. Coupled with our Golden Foundation of ‘treat others as you would like to be treated,’ ‘be good,’ ‘love community’ and ‘have fun,’ we believe in happiness and creating the most memorable experiences for both our Associates and Resident Members, continually looking for new and innovative ways to enhance and strengthen all our Boardwalk communities.
We hope these values speak to you as they speak so meaningfully to us!
As we continue to grow, we remain unwavering in our commitment to providing Resident Members with the best quality rental communities. This same commitment means Boardwalk is always seeking individuals who have a positive attitude, are energetic and passionate, self-driven, productive, have the capacity to deliver high-quality results and who believe in the power of teamwork.
Together, with you as part of our team, we will continue to create meaning every day for those who choose to call Boardwalk home.
More searches like this
- Corporate Finance Construction / Real Estate CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters
- Performance Analysis Construction / Real Estate CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Construction / Real Estate CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters
- Portfolio Management: Equities Construction / Real Estate CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Construction / Real Estate CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters