Portfolio Investment Program Consultant, Investment Solutions
As a global leader in asset management, our Investment Solutions group serves the world’s most-sophisticated investing clients – from sovereign wealth funds, pension plan sponsor and financial intermediaries to wealthy families and individuals and the advisors that serve them. Our asset management capabilities in index management, cash management, quantitative investing, research, portfolio construction, sustainable investing and manager selection, provide a rich set of capabilities which we tailor to meet the needs of investing clients around the globe. Our vision is to be the world’s most respected asset manager.
The Portfolio Investment Program Consultant is a licensed individual who is an investment and product specialist for intermediary and institutional clients. The specialist provides market, asset allocation, portfolio construction, risk and product analysis and recommendations. Performs as a member of a team that works closely with both internal partners and external clients to consult on their client investment objectives and help make quality investment solutions and decisions that align with their objectives, risk tolerance and goals. Acts as a product specialist regarding Northern Trust Asset Management investment and product capabilities. The role will report to the Director of Portfolio Consulting and Analysis.
- Supports and develops analysis and recommendations aligned with client goals and NTAM’s organizational vision and identified strategic priorities.
- Researches, analyzes and assists in the positioning and sales of NTAM solutions to meet the needs of clients and capture market demand
- Develops and provides multi-asset portfolio consulting designed to achieve the objectives and goals of intermediary and institutional clients
- Maintains expertise and content to support recommendations, e.g., product proof points, compliance approved templates, etc
- Produces detailed product and competitive analysis, serving as a multi-asset class subject expert
- Incorporates factor and risk analysis to formulate investment recommendations and select or replace investment strategies.
- Maintains asset allocation expertise to identify optimal portfolios tailored to achieve client goals, incorporating client risk tolerance levels, funding and income needs, and knowledge of current economic and financial market conditions.
- Develops and maintains a current understanding of relevant financial markets and conditions through internet research, reading financial pieces and/or attending relevant investment events.
- Gathers, analyzes and compiles various statistics on NTAM investment strategies, to create positioning for internal and external use
- Contributes to a high level of teamwork and initiatives aligned with achieving group goals. Proactively advises colleagues of issues that may affect client/prospects in either a positive or negative way.
- Stays abreast of current and pending laws and regulations, and rules governing the industry
- Works with Compliance to help ensure adherence to all policies and procedures.
- Provides regular analysis and reporting to management
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of investment and portfolio management theory and terminology, securities analysis, accounting and financial principles and industry investment practices, procedures and competitive strategies acquired through formal education and work experience.
- Candidate should be knowledge of analytical and presentation tools such as StyleAdvisor’s Zephyr, Morningstar Direct, Bloomberg or Wilshire products and have the ability to rationalize portfolio construction by combining statistical analysis, investment characteristic and trading knowledge.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound business judgment
- Strong, demonstrated skills in oral and written communications; including experience in effectively communicating with international employees, colleagues, clients, and executives
- Demonstrated teamwork and interpersonal skills exemplified by the ability to forge strong relationships with other senior partners
- Client-centric focus and problem-solving mindset
- Self-starter and team-oriented, with a proven ability to manage workflow across cross-functional teams under demanding deadlines
- Results-oriented with attention to detail; strong analytical skills
NECESSARY EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant proven work experience
- Series 7 and 63 or 66, required.
- Preference given to additional financial designations.
- At least 5-10 years of work experience in the investment management industry, with a minimum of 2-3 years of portfolio construction experience