Manager, Capital Management
We’re IG Wealth Management – a Canadian leader in providing the best advice, experience and outcomes for our clients, personalized throughout their lifetime. This is your opportunity to build a career with a leading organization where you can learn, grow and thrive both professionally and personally.
Our vision: We inspire financial confidence.
At IG Wealth Management we believe:
- Our success starts with the success of our clients
- In achieving excellence in all we do, and anything worth doing is worth doing extraordinarily well
- Only through teamwork can we realize our greatest potential
- We can never be satisfied with the status quo and that every day we should be focused on creating more value
- In the power of advice to change lives for the better
- It is our mission to make a difference in the world and the lives of others
If you share our vision and values, we’d like to hear from you.
Treasury & Corporate Investments is responsible for corporate finance, investor relations, corporate cash management and banking, mortgage financing, corporate sustainability, and trust accounting functions across IGM Financial.
As a Manager, Capital Management, you will support the corporate finance function of the Treasury and Corporate Investments Department. Working with a high degree of autonomy, you will work on a variety of assignments pertaining to capital markets transactions; internal capital, liquidity and risk management activities; and various financial instrument valuations.
- Conducting research and analysis, as well as preparing presentations and communications to support corporate finance activities
- Architecting, developing and enhancing complex financial and valuation models
- Summarizing analysis, research and recommendations in presentations for senior management and the board
- Supporting analysis for defined benefit pension plan investment and risk management strategies
- Overseeing processes and controls, documentation and regular reporting
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in a related discipline and a financial designation (such as CFA or CPA) are required
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a related role
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills; proficiency in scenario analysis, stress testing and Bloomberg would be an asset
- Ability to independently analyze and research, think critically and bring insights to the team
- Knowledge and understanding of derivative financial instruments and markets
- Excellent analytical and financial modeling skills
- Ability to manage multiple demands and produce quality work under challenging time constraints