Associate Equity Portfolio Manager
ASSOCIATE EQUITY PORTFOLIO MANAGER
West Trenton, NJ
"You work for NJM? That's a great company!" If you're hired, you'll hear it over and over again from friends, family and neighbors. Why? Because NJM strives consistently to meet the service expectations of its customers. These efforts do not go unnoticed — many policyholders have trusted NJM for decades, and it's commonplace for NJM to insure multiple generations of the same business and families.
NJM is a great company for policyholders and for employees. With competitive salaries and attractive benefits, including medical, dental, a generous 401(k) plan, paid time off and more, as well as opportunities for advancement, many employees choose to build their careers at NJM. As the region’s premier property/casualty insurer and a leading provider of Workers Compensation, Commercial Auto, and Personal Lines Insurance.
This is a very rare and exciting opportunity for a seasoned Equity Portfolio Manager to come on board with a top, long standing, and highly reputable industry leader. Reporting to the Vice President of Investments and based in our West Trenton corporate office, the Associate Equity Portfolio Manager will provide oversight of the company’s $2B equity portfolio. The successful candidate will provide equity research on multiple asset sectors, execute trades on equity securities, conduct portfolio risk analysis, and present written portfolio recommendations for the portfolio manager regarding whether to buy, hold or sell existing or potential new holdings for the portfolio. The Manager will also provide reporting and presentations to key stakeholders in the company as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) and/or MBA (Finance) required
• A minimum of 5-10 years of relevant experience in equity portfolio management
• Extensive knowledge of equity markets required
• Exchange Traded Funds experience required
• Proficient with Bloomberg and the MS Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
• Strong time management skills, ability to prioritize/handle multiple tasks, and commitment to meeting deadlines
• Demonstrate solid analytical and presentation skills
• Proven leadership capability
• Experience in the property and casualty insurance industry desired
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
NJM is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce that is fully representative of the diversity that exists in the communities in which we do business.