Director, FX Management, Total Portfolio Management
4 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Why join us?
Are you looking to join a dynamic pension plan that embodies the strong values of its 500,000 members and is an industry-leading global investor? If so, we would love to tell you our story. At OMERS, we put our people first and are proud to embrace the diversity of thought and leadership that comes from having locations in Toronto, London, New York, Singapore, Sydney and other major cities across North America and Europe. Our culture is truly one of a kind. We get stuff done, and have fun doing it! We take great pride in contributing to the communities where we live with an ever-constant eye to the global investment markets.
Under the leadership of the Chief Investment Officer, the Total Portfolio Management Group applies a holistic view across the OMERS total portfolio to optimize and evolve the investing strategy through portfolio construction, economic research, liquidity and currency management.
The team works closely with the broader investment teams and partners to integrate best-in-class thinking to grow our assets in as stable a way as possible while managing volatility and providing a robust and flexible balance sheet.
As a key member of the group, you will provide leadership to the management of the Plan’s overall currency exposures and oversee the formulation of currency hedging recommendations.
The right person for this role brings extensive knowledge and experience in managing currency with a long-term focus in a diverse portfolio and understands key linkages between currency, different asset classes and key portfolio management decisions.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for:
- Bringing overall currency expertise to the total portfolio management group and investment teams
- Lead development of the framework for currency hedging decisions at the total portfolio level, including the necessary analysis, scorecards and reporting used to support decisions
- Making recommendations on overall levels of currency exposures and hedges for the overall portfolio
- Providing support for investment teams in assessing the FX implications for investment decisions through development of long term, forward looking views on developed and emerging markets currencies
- Partner with the Capital Markets team in the execution of currency decisions
- Work with key functions in Total Portfolio Management, key stakeholders and partners in assessing linkages and impacts between currencies and other key decisions in the overall portfolio
- Leading and design of overall reporting used for monitoring and evaluation of currency decisions and impacts
- Attend and present at Board meetings and selected committee meetings as required
- Fostering relationships and collaborating with Portfolio Construction, investment teams and key business partners and stakeholders in the management of total portfolio currency exposures
- Mentoring and developing members of the team, sharing information, knowledge and insight to support the build-up of an outstanding Total Portfolio management group
To succeed in this role, you have:
- Accumulated 10-15+ years of experience in the investment industry, preferably within FX and portfolio management background across multiple asset classes
- An academic background in Math, Statistics, Finance, Economics or related field. CFA designation is an asset
- Demonstrated passion and strong understanding of global markets with an ability to generate meaningful insights with respect to policy direction and the currency implications
- Demonstrated experience in delivering cross-departmental projects/solutions working with multiple partners
- Exceptional ability to communicate, influence and persuade a diverse range of partners
- A high attention to detail that complements your ability to see the big picture
- Humility and self-awareness, value feedback, invite and integrate different perspectives
- Drive, self-motivation and the ability to take initiative
- A collaborative mindset and strong relationship-management skills
- The ability to prioritize competing priorities while delivering high-quality products within deadlines
Founded in 1962, OMERS is one of Canada’s largest defined benefit pension plans, with $105 billion in net assets as at December 31, 2020.. OMERS is a jointly-sponsored pension plan, with 1,000 participating employers ranging from large cities to local agencies, and over half a million active, deferred and retired members. OMERS members include union and non-union employees of municipalities, school boards, local boards, transit systems, electrical utilities, emergency services and children’s aid societies across Ontario. Contributions to the Plan are funded equally by members and employers. OMERS teams work in Toronto, London, New York, Amsterdam, Luxembourg, Singapore, Sydney and other major cities across North America and Europe – serving members and employers and originating and managing a diversified portfolio of high-quality investments in public markets, private equity, infrastructure and real estate.
OMERS is committed to having a workforce that reflects the communities in which we live and work. Diversity and Inclusion at OMERS means we respect and value the broadest range of experiences, geographies, gender, ethnicities and perspectives as key elements of our culture. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.