Investment Analyst / Associate
SAF Group (“SAF”) is a global alternative investment manager actively deploying and raising capital with a focus on generating above average risk adjusted returns through credit and structured equity investments. Since its formation in 2014, SAF completed over $2.5 billion in transactions while expanding its physical footprint from Calgary to Vancouver, Toronto, and London. At the center of SAF’s success is a young and dynamic culture with an emphasis on intellectual curiosity, idea generation, and collaboration within a team focused environment. We depend on all our investment professionals to ensure that we are always seeking, identifying, understanding, and capitalizing on opportunities which have the greatest impact on our team, our investors, and our broader communities.
In addition to an expertise in the natural resources and financial services sectors that drive the Canadian capital markets SAF has also executed transactions in the high-growth renewables, consumer retail, life sciences, and technology sectors. SAF’s deep networks in the global alternative capital markets, and strategic partnerships with sophisticated international institutional investors, ensures a robust pipeline of proprietary transaction opportunities. With over 30 transactions completed to date SAF has consistently generated attractive returns across multiple industries and outperformed comparable benchmarks.
SAF believes actively integrating ESG considerations into every level of the investment process has a positive impact on all stakeholders, which ultimately drives positive long-term returns, and therefore incorporates a broad range of ESG factors into both underwriting and portfolio monitoring. With the continuing rise of private debt opportunities and increasing alternative capital pool allocations SAF’s team is positioned to continue its rapid growth in capital management and deployment.
We are seeking an “Investment Analyst / Associate” as a key addition to our investment and management team and as a potential long-term partner and Principal. Our current Principals are either founders or graduates from the Analyst / Associate program who have excelled and now lead their own respective investment portfolios. The ideal candidate will be a high energy and self-starting entrepreneur with a passion for critical thinking and financial/risk analysis, strong communication skills, attention to detail, and work ethic. The successful candidate will be part of a small and collaborative investment team and will support the analysis and decision-making process for a range of new and existing investments.
Your Responsibilites and Qualifications
- Review and critically analyze due diligence information and materials;
- Lead the financial and credit modelling (incl. cash flow and risk-return analyses) and presentation of investment / transaction analyses, portfolio maintenance, and counterparty optimization for current and future investments;
- Lead the preparation of internal and external investment memorandums including qualitative and quantitative summaries;
- Monitor and identify potential enhancement opportunities within the existing investment portfolio; and
- Communicate and interact with SAF counterparties and stakeholders.
The following qualifications are considered critical:
- Success in a Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree with a quantitative focus;
- Experience in transaction-focused finance and capital markets (minimum of two years);
- Strength in and ability to manage multiple projects and schedules to meet shared team objectives;
- Experience working directly with external counterparties and high value stakeholders; and
- Passion for working in a high-performance and collaborative small team environment.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should e-mail a single page resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position title (“Investment Analyst / Associate”). We look forward to introducing you to our team and will contact selected applicants directly.