Senior Equity Analyst (Portfolio Manager)
Leith Wheeler Investment Counsel Ltd. is an independent, employee-owned, Vancouver-based investment counsel managing over $22 billion in assets on behalf of pension, not-for-profit, First Nations, corporate and individual clients across Canada. The company has offices in Vancouver, Toronto, and Calgary, and employs a fundamental, value-oriented investment philosophy.
Job Description - Senior Equity Analyst (Portfolio Manager)
The Senior Equity Analyst will be an integral part of Leith Wheeler's investment team. Responsibilities will include conducting fundamental analysis to identify stocks for investment, creating and maintaining detailed financial models, preparing internal research reports, and building relationships with corporate management. As a senior member of the equity team, they will also contribute to client reports and presentations, and participate in client meetings. The successful candidate will be integral to the investment decision-making process for the firm's equity securities portfolios and will work across a breadth of sectors.
Candidates must submit all of the following to be eligible for consideration:
- List of companies owned and/or covered in-depth over the last 12 months
- Sample investment memo/stock report, written by the applicant outside of work
- A response to the following: "As an investor, how would you describe your investment philosophy and what are your strengths?" (Max 250 words)
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 7-15 years of fundamental equity investment experience
- A passion for stock picking and the capital markets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven equity decision-making track record
- Willingness to work in Toronto or Vancouver
- Impeccable integrity
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
The closing date of this posting is April 16, 2021. Thank you in advance for your interest.
We regret that we can only respond to candidate chosen for an interview. To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.