Equity Research Associate: Industrials, Automotive, Materials or Energy
6 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
We are looking for one or more equity investment research professional(s) with knowledge and experience covering listed companies in the international and global equity markets. Areas of coverage will include one or more of the following sectors: industrial, automotive. Materials and/or energy.
This position can be a career defining opportunity for an individual looking to conduct deep and differentiated fundamental research alongside a small, high-performing team of experienced and talented investment professionals using a well-established and institutionally oriented intrinsic value investment process with a long-term investment horizon. The team oversees several billion dollars of assets for mostly institutional clients.
The position(s) will report to the Chief Investment Officer of International and Global Equities, The position is based in our midtown Manhattan offices near Grand Central Station in New York City.
Some travel is required (once all Covid-19 related travel bans and restrictions are lifted).
Please include your resume and samples of your research (write-ups and models) when applying for this role at https://boards.greenhouse.io/arielinvestments/jobs/4388520003.
- Between 5 and 10 of years of work experience as a business, research, financial or equity analyst or consultant on the industrial, automotive, materials or energy sectors. Experience should primarily include work as a fundamentally-oriented buy or sell side equity analyst. However, we are willing to consider direct industry work experience in a strategic and/or analytic role within the relevant sectors or indirect subject matter expertise as a strategy consultant, into our overall assessment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills to comprehensively yet succinctly articulate an investment thesis as well as detailed financial modeling skills are a minimum requirement.
- Detail orientation and the ability to consume, digest and synthesize a large amount of information from a variety of sources and convert them into proprietary, actionable insights in a timely fashion, is a pre-requisite to succeed in this position.
- What will distinguish successful candidates is the ability to demonstrate industry, sector or domain expertise, insight and perspective. We seek business analysts with a well-rounded grasp of company and industry trends as well as emerging challenges and opportunities, within the sector(s) covered, both from a big picture and bottoms-up perspective.
- We highly value the ability to identify factors such as competitive advantage, strategic inflection points or disruptive developments as well as the ability to synthesize and articulate these fundamental characteristics both qualitatively in a thesis write-up and quantitatively in a financial/valuation model.
- We are looking for analysts who are independent non-consensus thinkers, with a passion for business model and industry research and who can develop investment insights to uncover companies that are misunderstood and mispriced via in-depth fundamental research.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree.
- MBA and/or CFA a plus
Computer Skills Needed to Perform this Job
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Must be comfortable working in a largely digital and paperless environment.