JOB DESCRIPTION - SENIOR PRIVATE ASSETS RESEARCH ANALYST
- Key responsibilities
- The role involves taking primary responsibility for Private Equity and Venture Capital funds' co-investment opportunities as well as direct investments in venture companies in their various funding rounds.
- Screening and prioritizing new investment opportunities.
- Communication with financial sponsors and company management teams.
- Lead the investment team's due diligence, including financial statement analysis, business drivers analysis, valuation analysis, business and financial performance forecasting, and risk assessment of the above opportunities.
- Build financial models with advanced Excel skillset and prepare due diligence reports.
- Lead the investment team's recommendations to the Investment Committee with respect to the above opportunities.
- Monitor a watch list of current and prospective investments including regular interaction with companies and network and updating of models based on new information including financial statements and other corporate actions/filings. To also include the provision of performance analysis and written commentaries on investments.
- Contribute to the team's work on funds, including analysis of underlying portfolio companies, as required.
- Skills and qualifications
- Excellent analytical skill-set with an ability to collect and analyze information. Additional experience in ESG scoring/monitoring would be an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of corporate finance and accounting concepts, hands on experience applying various valuation methodologies, e.g. DCF, sum of the parts.
- Knowledge of key industry sectors such as healthcare and technology, and ability to gain deep sector knowledge as required.
- High level communication skills with the ability to express views and complex subjects clearly and succinctly.
- Good judgement and ability to compare and relativize similar opportunities in their respective industries.
- Functional requirements
- Minimum of 7 years of experience analyzing businesses for investment purposes, of which at least some part in private equity or venture capital assessing opportunities.
- Experience can include but is not limited to any of the following areas:
- Investment banking or capital markets
- Asset management
- Private Equity
- Investment function in single or multi-family office
- Investment function at direct investment fund or multi-asset investment fund
- Investment consultancy
- Bachelor's degree.
- CFA, MBA, or accounting qualification would be an advantage.
This is an opportunity to join a tightly-knit team of investment professionals managing a global diversified portfolio.
The position could be based in the UK, Dubai, or the EU (after an initial integration into the team).
The position will offer a competitive base salary plus performance bonus and the usual package of executive benefits.