Risk and Performance Analyst
Pioneering impact investment firm WHEB seeks Risk and Performance Analyst
WHEB Asset Management
WHEB is a pioneer in sustainable and impact investing. Our mission is ‘to advance sustainability and create prosperity through positive impact investments’. We do this through a single, long-only, global equity strategy, investing in companies that provide solutions to sustainability challenges. With a track record of over 14 years, we are one of the early innovators in listed equity impact investing.
As a Certified B Corporation, WHEB is part of a global movement of stakeholder businesses, which consider the impact of business decisions on our employees, clients, suppliers, the community, and the environment, as well as our shareholders.
For more information about WHEB Asset Management see www.whebgroup.com.
Operations team role
WHEB is seeking a full or part-time operational risk analyst to join the team, based in London. The role will comprise responsibilities across risk measurement, performance analysis and reporting, and fund accounting. The position may suit a job-share arrangement. The successful candidate(s) will also provide direct support to the Finance, Compliance & Operations Manager for projects and specific tasks.
You will be expected to:
Risk Management / Analysis:
- Develop risk modelling and analytical tools to support the Investment team, the Operations team and Investment & Risk Committee, e.g performance attribution, KPIs, positioning, peer analysis;
- Undertake portfolio analysis to identify and monitor key risk parameters, e.g. liquidity, ESG, country/region, and diversification risks;
- Highlight and predict trends, warning flags, breaches, and Implement and monitor remedial actions;
- Develop WHEB’s risk tracking and assessment framework, including process improvement projects, such as selection, integration and utilisation of a risk management system appropriate to the firm and its particular risk profile, e.g Style Analytics, Risk Metrics, Factset risk modules;
- Report to key counterparties and senior management.
- Tracking, reporting and monitoring key performance attribution at portfolio and strategy level;
- Reporting of performance drivers in an impact investing context;
- Oversight of GIPS implementation project and ongoing compliance.
- Mirror and reconcile fund administrator fund accounting records, including NAV, subscription/redemption cashflows, portfolio valuation;
- Compute and reconcile AMC/IM fee calculations;
- Verify internal records to third party sources, e.g. cash and portfolio positions;
- Prepare tailored investor reporting;
- Develop internal process improvements to support cross-functional information/reporting requirements (operations, investment, business development).
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will have, as a minimum:
- proven, relevant mid-to senior-level experience in a risk analyst/performance measurement/fund accounting role with the capacity to perform the role independently;
- CFA Certificate in Performance Measurement (CIPM) or equivalent;
- demonstrated proficiency in programming and database development (e.g. Python) with a highly numerical skillset;
- problem-solving attitude and ability to take responsibility for projects;
- excellent written and oral communication skills; and
- a demonstrable interest in sustainable and environmental investing.
She or he will also have the ability to:
- work in a small, close-knit team, with flexibility to take on new tasks/skillsets;
- organise a varied workload.
Equal opportunities and flexible working
WHEB is an equal opportunities employer and strongly encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply. The role would be suitable for candidates looking for a full or part-time position and may be suited to a job-sharing arrangement. Based at our office in central London, the position will offer considerable opportunity for flexible working, including both office and home-based work. For more information on WHEB’s policies and culture please see https://www.whebgroup.com/about-us/working-at-wheb/
Applicants should send their CVs, along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is 31 March 2021. We regret that it may not be possible to contact unsuccessful applicants.