Manager, Investment Portfolio
The Region of Durham, dedicated to maintaining outstanding standards of service, relies on the expertise and commitment of our employees. You’d be surprised at the diverse career choices we have to offer! If you seek a career with growth and challenge, where quality and accountability work in tandem with integrity and a responsiveness to change, we welcome you to learn more about us.
MANAGER, INVESTMENT PORTFOLIO – JOB ID 14229
Reporting to the Director, the Manager, Investment Portfolio will be responsible for implementing and monitoring an active investment and trading strategy that aligns with the Finance Department's goals and objectives.
The incumbent will:
- Develop, recommend, implement and monitor an investment strategy and activities regarding the Region's investment portfolio to maximize investment returns to support the financial strength of the Region
- Manage staff within the Investment Portfolio Division
- Support the Director with activities relating to the issuance of debt
- Maintain market perspective through research, monitoring capital markets, communications and meetings with market participants and information providers
- Interpret complex financial and economic data and statistics to assist in formulating investment and trading strategies
- Prepare analytical reports/studies for the Director and Treasurer, develop reliable performance and compliance reports and provide recommendations
- Design, monitor, integrate and report on the cash flow forecast
- Provide financing recommendations and support to the internal business units and the local area municipalities
- Develop and recommend strategy decisions related to fulfilling the local area municipalities borrowing program(s) through debt issuance in the Canadian capital markets
The successful applicant will possess:
- A Chartered Investment Manager Designation (CIM)
- A Master's Degree in Business, Economics or Mathematics coupled with a CIM designation is an asset
- CPA and CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) designations are assets
- Experience in financial/economic analysis and forecasting at a financial institution or large multi-divisional organization
- Experience with investment monitoring and tracking software and analysis, design and creation of computerized financial models
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles related to investment management, the banking industry, provincial and municipal statutes and regulations, financial and economic principles and practices and capital markets (domestic and international)
- Expertise in Excel spreadsheets and macro development and proficiency with database and presentation software applications
- Demonstrated leadership, negotiating and project management skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong mathematical, analytical and report writing skills
- Ability to present recommendations to a varied audience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple priorities while meeting deadlines
Salary: $121,554 to $151,943 per annum
To learn more about this opportunity, please visit: https://bit.ly/2N2DVmW and apply online directly to Job ID#14229 no later than April 5, 2021.
We thank all applicants; however, only those to be considered for an interview will be contacted.