Portfolio Management Director
CAPTRUST is an investment management-advisory firm headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina. We provide investment advisory services to retirement plan fiduciaries, endowments and foundations and wealth planning services to executives, business owners, and families.
CAPTRUST operates as one unified practice where the backgrounds and perspectives of all colleagues are collectively leveraged to service our clients beyond expectation. We are building a world class organization “one brick at a time. “
CAPTRUST is looking for a Director of our Discretionary Portfolio Management & Risk Team (PMR) to lead a 4-person team focused on asset allocation and on the selection of investment managers.
Models – Capture the collective wisdom of the Investment Committee:
- Deep understanding of the construction, risk, and performance of all discretionary managed (“Domain 3”) models – Wealth, Asset/Liability, Institutional Models of Models, and managed 401k models.
- Member of the Investment Committee and expected to contribute ideas on portfolio positioning, portfolio construction, tactical trades, manager selection, etc.
- Oversee the implementation of Investment Committee decisions across Domain 3 models, including process, communications, and interactions with other relevant teams within CAPTRUST.
- Lead the Investment Committee’s monthly Risk-Management meeting. Identify potential risks (absolute and relative), performance concerns (portfolio and manager), and determine any unintended tilts driven by underlying active manager decisions within our Domain 3 models.
- Gather, evaluate, and report on non-centrally managed models (regional models) to identify discrepancies with Investment Committee views and opportunities to transition to Domain 3 models.
Messaging – Primary spokesperson for Domain 3 models:
- Prepare comprehensive quarterly reviews/podcasts for Domain 3 models to equip advisors for quarterly client meetings.
- Provide detailed communications following changes to Domain 3 models, capturing both the “what” and “why” behind the changes.
- Maintain open and direct communication with all business lines to understand how the discretionary portfolio management team can best support their respective needs.
- Capable of communicating the CAPTRUST “Investment Story” both internally and externally.
- Managing, and developing the 4-person team, while constantly planning for growth. Push down complexity.
- Support our Chief Compliance Officer and our compliance efforts.
- Assist with pre-merger research, reviewing RIA prospects’ investment models and identifying potential complications.
- Post-merger - work with Integration team and Transition group to help with education and creating a custom transition plan for each acquired firm.
- Continuously evaluate ways to improve the investment outcome, investment experience and investment process of our discretionary managed models.
- 10+ years’ experience working in the investments industry and financial markets including a robust understanding of macro events and their impacts on markets, managers, and portfolios.
- CFA Charterholder
- Character – ethical, willingness to “Do well and lifts others along the way”.
- Skills – investments, communication, process, leadership, team management and development.
- Ability to take responsibility and ownership while also being a team player.
- Interest in helping the team build a business and advocate for their opinion, as well as see the shareholder’s and other colleagues’ perspectives.
- Has comfort with fast growth, the requirements for innovation, change, and evolution of this role.
Are you the next brick?
To get it done the “CAPTRUST Way”, an individual should exhibit the following characteristics:
- Ability to build successful, collaborative, and trusting relationships.
- Instinctive aptitude for consistently creating accurate, concise, respectful, and easy to understand verbal and written communications conveying complex information.
- Has a strong sense of urgency about getting work done and solving problems to achieve results that benefit our clients and colleagues even when faced with challenges.
- Possess a strong desire to give back to our communities and enrich the lives of those around us.
- Emulates an other’s centered mindset.
- Applies integrity through maintaining objectivity.
Perks and Other Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Shareholder program
- 5% 401(k) Match
- Healthy lifestyle reimbursements
- Comprehensive Health Coverage + Healthy Lifestyle Reimbursement
+ Many more…
At CAPTRUST, we are committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment where ALL colleagues feel authentically seen, respected, and supported.
CAPTRUST is committed to provide employment opportunities without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, familial status, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, marital status and registered domestic partner status, citizenship status, military and veteran status, disability, protected medical condition, genetic information or any other status protected by law. CAPTRUST makes all employment decisions without regard to these protected statuses and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination.
More searches like this
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder jobs in Full Time
- Portfolio Management: Equities Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder jobs in Full Time
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder jobs in Full Time
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder jobs in Full Time