Associate Director of Manager Selection
The ideal candidate will have significant experience and be ready to lead the selection and monitoring of external managers/instruments. This role will also contribute to instrument selection for our Global Asset Allocation ETF strategy. Currently, Cambridge Trust complements its core internally-managed US equity and fixed income strategies with a mix of active and passive third party specialist managers and ETFs. This role will be an important member of the asset allocation team as our platform expands to evaluate other asset classes, risk factors and portfolio construction techniques.
This role is an excellent opportunity to lead and grow our manager selection effort. Must have an entrepreneurial spirit and adaptable personality consistent with our growth and expansion objectives. Must be comfortable with technology, including evaluation and implementation of new tools as needed.
Contributes investment recommendations to internal models, as well as client-specific situations. Debates and collaborates with teammates on ideas and trades.
- Makes recommendations on mutual funds and ETFs to complement core holdings on a strategic, tactical and/or client-specific basis
- Maintains and develops technology and processes related to the investment research effort, especially with regard to external manager/instrument due diligence
- Maintains knowledge of other asset classes and awareness of cross asset class relative value for overall portfolio construction and asset allocation
- Stays current on best practices in portfolio construction and risk management, including trends in illiquid investments, derivatives and alternative asset classes. Leads Cambridge Trust into promising new areas in alternative investments
- Periodically provides written and verbal commentary to internal and external/client audiences; and represents his/her areas of coverage to the Trust Committee of the bank
- Participates in peer review of investment recommendations and portfolio positioning.
- Mentors analysts and other members of the team on best practices in due diligence
- In collaboration with the team, develops and recommends asset allocation across equities, fixed income and other asset classes according to policy targets and risk/return objectives
- Assists in new business development process by giving investment presentations to individuals and institutional prospects
- Represents the firm at various investment meetings, industry conferences, and external manager meetings
- Could evolve to having an assigned set of his/her own clients to manage-- to ascertain investment objectives and constraints, establish appropriate asset allocation, recommend and implement strategy, and periodically review performance
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field. Master’s degree preferred
- CFA or CAIA designation preferred
- Minimum 7 years of experience in investments in a research or portfolio management position including:
- Minimum 5 years in due diligence of investment managers and instruments
- Minimum 2 years of client facing experience
- Experience could include similar roles at trust companies, RIAs, endowments or institutional consultants
- Experience with major institutional software used in manager selection
- Deep experience with mutual funds, ETFs (active & passive) and separately managed account evaluation
- Experience in private equity, real estate and hedge funds preferred (although not currently in broad use on the CT platform—expansion opportunity in the 1-3 year horizon).
- Experience in SRI/impact investing is a plus.
- Established network within the investment community.
- Demonstrated analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of global markets, economics, and portfolio construction.
- Additional programming and data analysis skills are a plus.
- Ability to collaborate, debate, and work in a team environment.
- Ability and willingness to participate on investment, managerial, or administrative committees and projects, as needed.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Normal office environment.
- Moderate travel throughout Northeast, as needed.
- Occasional national travel.
More searches like this
- Portfolio Management: Equities Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters
- Wealth Management Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters