Senior Equity Analyst, Healthcare
The Senior Equity Analyst is responsible for analyzing and recommending smaller, exchange-listed U.S. healthcare companies. Senior analysts construct valuation models for stock-listed U.S. companies and advise Portfolio Managers on relative attractiveness of individual U.S. equities.
About Columbia Threadneedle
Millions of people around the world rely on Columbia Threadneedle Investments to manage their money. We're intentionally built to help our clients succeed, backed by a global team of 2,000 people including more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. At Columbia Threadneedle, you’ll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority. In addition to our competitive total rewards package, employees stay with us because of our culture and commitment to their development. And, backed by the strength of our parent company, Ameriprise Financial, we are committed to providing you with the tools, resources, recognition and rewards to help you shape the career you want.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.
• Conduct due diligence on smaller U.S. based companies by communicating with industry participants, management teams, customers, suppliers, etc.
• Model and analyze financials of U.S. domiciled companies.
• Construct valuation models for stock-listed U.S. companies.
• Advise portfolio managers on relative attractiveness of individual U.S. equities.
• Follow legislative and political developments that may bear on portfolio companies and the macroeconomic environment.
• Identify promising investment themes and generate specific investment ideas from a universe of smaller U.S. companies.
Required Qualifications :
• Bachelor’s degree in a subject that provides skills and context for making successful investments within the U.S.
• 5+ years relevant experience required.
• Strong math orientation and numerical aptitude.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to work well independently yet collaboratively as a member of a team which includes the ability to be flexible, adaptable and take initiative on one’s own.
• Positive energy.
• A high level of organization.
• Innovative thinking.
• Ability to analyze complex situations and generate succinct conclusions.
• A dynamic and confident personality with an above average ability to make a persuasive argument.
Preferred Qualifications :
• MBA or MA.
• CFA designation preferred.
• Health care industry experience
More searches like this
- Equities Research: Buy Side Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Relationship Management Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors