- bachelor’s degree is required with an orientation towards finance or economics is preferred. A Master’s degree is also preferred.
- The Chartered Financial Analyst designation or working towards this designation is mandatory.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of professional work experience in securities research and analysis (preferably on the buy-side or sell-side). In depth knowledge of the Information Technology (software, hardware, semiconductors, services, etc.) and Communication Services (social media, entertainment, telecom, etc.) sectors is strongly preferred.
- A high degree of intellectual curiosity is required in order to generate new investment ideas and evaluate ongoing risks and opportunities. Ability to understand and synthesize large volumes of information succinctly and expeditiously to arrive at a supportable conclusion.
- Strong background in financial statement analysis and in evaluating corporate performance.
- Highly developed technological skills. The ability to work with a wide array of database and modeling programs.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage a multitude of disparate tasks and responsibilities.
- Projects a professional image and earns the confidence of others, including clients and Portfolio Managers. Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills are required.
- Must be able to maintain a mature, collaborative, and problem-solving demeanor in the workplace. Must be willing and able to do whatever is needed to enhance the work quality and success of the Company and the Research Department.
This position is primarily accountable for ongoing research and analysis of portfolio companies. As such, the Securities Analyst will focus on the full array of stocks on the R.M. Davis Stock Selection List (SSL). In addition, the Securities Analyst will be a resource for providing credit opinions on fixed income securities.
- Develops and maintains a deep understanding of companies listed on the R.M. Davis Stock Selection List (SSL), including key drivers of performance for portfolio companies.
- Initiates research on potential additions to the R.M. Davis Stock Selection List in the Information Technology and Communication Services Sectors – including both equities and ETFs. Communicates ideas effectively and conveys key investment characteristics to the Portfolio Managers.
- Maintains equity company profiles, descriptions and peer groups.
- Supports the work of the Research Department in areas of the economy, investment strategy and performance, industry, and company analysis. Maintains a wide breadth of information and insight into macroeconomic factors affecting portfolio companies.
Reports to the Chief Investment Officer March 2021
More searches like this
- Equities Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- ESG/Socially Responsible Research Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors