Regional Senior Director, Institutional Relations Americas
CFA Institute is the world’s largest association of investment management professionals. As a global, independent organization, with a community of more than 175,000 members and 150+ member societies, we lead the investment profession by promoting the highest standards of ethics, education, and professional excellence for the ultimate benefit of society.
We, we care about our employees’ mental, physical, social, and financial well-being. That’s why we are committed to providing a comprehensive, competitive benefits package that offers flexibility to make choices that meet their needs:
- Health and well-being benefits that are amongst the best in the industry with full comprehensive medical, dental, and vision for employees and their family members
- Comprehensive leave and time off plans
- A focus on Financial Well-being means that we stack our retirement benefits against the most competitive standards.
- Flexible work arrangements
- Wellness, education, and employee assistance benefits
The Regional Senior Director, Institutional Relations Americas is responsible for managing CFA Institute’s engagement with the investment management industry and related stakeholders within the entire Americas region. These stakeholders include financial institutions, universities, and regulators.
As a member of the Americas Regional Management Team, this role is charged with leadership responsibility for institutional business development and relationship management in the region.
The successful candidate will have outstanding leadership, sales, marketing, business development, planning, and execution skills; a track record of building strong, agile, and versatile teams; and proven success as a relationship builder, collaborator, influencer, and partner in a multinational environment.
As a Regional Senior Director, Institutional Relations Americas, you will have the opportunity to:
- Lead and develop a high performing regional team, providing mentoring and support while ensuring accurate and timely execution of responsibilities. Builds generalist and cross-product skills sets across team members.
- Identify the top opportunities to engage leading global and Americas institutions to advance the mission and opportunity set for CFA Institute across firms, universities, and regulators.
- Contribute to the regional strategic plan, and tailors our institutional engagement strategy to the unique needs of CFA Institute in the region.
- Be responsible for promoting, marketing, and selling CFA Institute credentialing programs, professional learning products, codes and standards, ethics offerings, competitions, affiliation programs, participation and sponsorship of CFA events, and general advocacy issues in the region, measured by appropriate KPIs.
- Also be responsible for contributing to the product development process by identifying market relevant client needs, market intelligence including size of opportunity, pricing considerations etc.
- Creates new business development opportunities and establishes new relationships with industry targets via bi-lateral and multi-lateral meetings, programs, and events.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The skills and experience required for this role are:
- Minimum of 7 plus years of experience in investment or capital market sales and/or account management.
- Extensive network of investment management industry contacts, comfortable networking and actively building personal relationships at the senior/C-suite level. Experience in the learning and development space among financial institutions preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CFA candidate experience or membership preferred, but not required.
- Significant financial industry knowledge and technical skills; current on industry trends and market activity, and passionate about key factors driving investment management profession (such as ESG, diversity and inclusion, fintech, active vs. passive investment styles, industry regulatory issues, etc.).
- Demonstrable strategic planning and project management skills.
- Fluency in English required; multilingual preferred.
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal and listening.
- Mastery of PowerPoint functionality and best practices in presentation development and delivery; comfortable and confident presenting to large audiences.
This opportunity is open to internal and external candidates. CFA Institute is committed to the professional development of its employees; first/full consideration will be given to internal candidates.