Founded in 2005, Invico Capital Corporation is a Calgary, Alberta based independent alternative investment fund management firm with over $900 million of private capital under management. Invico provides private placement financing to high-quality companies and management teams in making strategic acquisitions, financing capital expenditures and growth programs and supporting working capital requirements.
We are currently looking for a financial professional to join our investment team as Research Associate to assume the following responsibilities:
- Complete due diligence questionnaires as requested by our dealing partners, including drafting reports and coordinating review prior to finalization.
- Update and maintain investment portfolio databases to facilitate quarterly reporting, due diligence requests, and portfolio analysis.
- Calculate and prepare investment portfolio metrics for internal and external reporting purposes.
- Coordinate information requests for fund offering materials.
- Assist in preparing and writing quarterly reports to investors, including coordinating information from various team members, and compiling the final reports for review.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the Invico managed funds and act as primary contact for all due diligence requests.
- Other duties related to due diligence as required.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and attributes:
- Bachelors degree with focus in finance or accounting is required.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of relevant work experience in due diligence, internal or external audit, compliance, or investment operations, preferably at an alternative investment manager, ‘Big Four’ accounting firm, or operational due diligence firm. A background in investment banking, private equity, or investment research would be an asset.
- Working toward or hold a professional financial or accounting designation (e.g. CPA, CFA, CAIA, CIPM, etc.) would be an asset.
- Significant experience in investment review, due diligence and/or financial analysis.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills including significant experience writing reports.
- Ability to multi-task and exhibit high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge of investment funds and alternative investments, including applicable Canadian and provincial securities regulations would be a definite asset.
- Experience with and ability to quickly read and accurately interpret financing and legal agreements would be a definite asset.
- Good credit and clean police check is required.
To the successful candidate, Invico offers a great career opportunity to join a fast-paced and growing team to pursue and execute due diligence review. Invico offers a competitive compensation program, including a group health plan and flex days. If you are an appropriately qualified individual who wants to advance his or her career in the investment industry, kindly submit your cover letter and resume to Christi Hayes, Chief Compliance Officer, at email@example.com.