SAF Group (“SAF”) is a global alternative investment manager actively deploying and raising capital with a focus on generating above average risk adjusted returns through credit and structured equity investments. Since its formation in 2014, SAF completed over $2.5 billion in transactions while expanding its physical footprint from Calgary to Vancouver, Toronto, and London. At the center of SAF’s success is a young and dynamic culture with an emphasis on intellectual curiosity, idea generation, and collaboration within a team focused environment. We depend on all our investment professionals to ensure that we are always seeking, identifying, understanding, and capitalizing on opportunities which have the greatest impact on our team, our investors, and our broader communities.
In addition to an expertise in the natural resources and financial services sectors that drive the Canadian capital markets SAF has also executed transactions in the high-growth renewables, consumer retail, life sciences, and technology sectors. SAF’s deep networks in the global alternative capital markets, and strategic partnerships with sophisticated international institutional investors, ensures a robust pipeline of proprietary transaction opportunities. With over 30 transactions completed to date SAF has consistently generated attractive returns across multiple industries and outperformed comparable benchmarks.
SAF believes actively integrating ESG considerations into every level of the investment process has a positive impact on all stakeholders, which ultimately drives positive long-term returns, and therefore incorporates a broad range of ESG factors into both underwriting and portfolio monitoring. With the continuing rise of private debt opportunities and increasing alternative capital pool allocations SAF’s team is positioned to continue its rapid growth in capital management and deployment.
We are seeking a “Valuations Analyst” as a critical addition to our growing firm. Reporting to the CFO as part of the Operations Team and in support of the Investment and Asset Management Team, the Valuation Specialist will have lead responsibility for individual investment and Fund level return analyses and valuations for the purposes of both marketing and audits. The ideal candidate will be a high energy and self-starting individual with strong communication skills, attention to detail, work ethic, and a strength in effectively managing multiple responsibilities while allocating time to the highest priorities within the firm.
- Create and maintain valuation and reporting for individual investments as well as valuations for the Fund(s) in the aggregate;
- Calculate returns and sensitivities, as necessary, for individual investments and for the Fund(s) in the aggregate;
- Review amendments on a pro-forma basis to individual investments for the potential impact on risk, covenants and returns profile both on an individual basis and for the Fund(s) in the aggregate;
- Prepare valuation memorandums for third party review;
- Assist the Investment and Asset Management Team to understand potential accounting policy impacts on individuals as well as for the Fund(s) in the aggregate;
- Assist the financial reporting and accounting teams and executive team in the creation of board level and valuation committee reporting packages
- Create ad hoc cash flow and valuations analyses, as required by the executive team; and
- Liaise with auditors and valuation specialists on each individual investment and for the Fund(s) in the aggregate.
The following qualifications are considered critical:
- Completion of a Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree with a focus on finance or accounting, and completion of a post-secondary designation in the same (CPA/CFA required);
- 3-5 years work experience in a finance position (valuation, private equity, credit, research, investment banking, etc.);
- High proficiency in Excel™, PowerPoint™, and Word™; and
- An ability and interest in working in a team atmosphere.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should e-mail a single page resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position title (“Valuations Analyst”) in the subject line by March 31, 2021. We appreciate your interest in this position, however, only applicants selected to participate in the interview process will be notified.