Derivatives and Risk Financial Analyst
América Móvil (“AMX”) provides telecommunication services in 25 countries. We are a leading telecommunications services provider in Latin America, ranking first in wireless, fixed-line, broadband and Pay TV services. In terms of total subscribers, AMX is the third largest company in the telecommunications industry outside of China.
AMX is currently seeking a Derivatives & Risk Financial Analyst to join its Corporate Finance group in the firm’s headquarters in Mexico City. Such Analyst that will contribute to the derivatives and debt portfolio database based on quantitative and fundamental analysis, as well as performing analysis and administrative tasks for the risk management area. The Analyst position is an integral part of the team as it is responsible for evaluating, cross-checking and delivering reports on the risk position of AMX to its senior management. The position entails frequent interaction with senior executives, as well as the broader Corporate Finance and IT groups within AMX.
- Provide analysis reports of derivatives, debt, and economics to senior management.
- Prepare presentations on a quarterly basis for the investment committee.
- Manage financial models to support valuation.
- Overview information gathering efforts from AMX’s subsidiaries across the globe.
- Actively seek new analysis reports to improve our understanding of our risks.
- Prepare ad hoc and specialized analysis as requested.
Education and Skills
- Strong analytical background.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills across a broad spectrum of roles.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Finance, Economics, Actuarial Sciences, or similar.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Advanced presentation skills.
- Proactive learner.
- Desirable skills in programming (VBA, R, or PYTHON).