Analyst (Investment Focused)
Choate Investment Advisors (ChoateIA) is a registered investment advisor providing investment management advice to our clients and the trustees of our client families. ChoateIA seeks to deliver sustainable and attractive long-term investment results. We currently advise on $5.7 billion (as of January 2021) for our client families, and help design wealth strategies for billions more.
In an environment where our competitors increasingly look, act and think alike, ChoateIA is also built differently. ChoateIA is affiliated with Choate, Hall & Stewart, LLP, a law firm with an internationally recognized wealth management practice. ChoateIA’s investment expertise, working in collaboration with the law firm’s wealth management services, allows our group to deliver a fully-integrated family office for generations of families. ChoateIA balances risk and reward through sophisticated asset allocation modeling, selecting what we believe to be best-in-class investment vehicles and seeking to maximize long-term after-tax returns across a broad range of diversified asset classes. Our open architecture model provides access to best‐in‐class asset managers and securities. Our independent analysis allows us to be objective and to provide clients with unbiased evaluation and advice. The group brings the same approach to our clients’ existing and illiquid assets.
Job Summary & Functions:
ChoateIA offers clients independence, integration and institutional quality client service. As an Analyst you will work with our portfolio managers to source new ideas, conduct fundamental analysis and assist in the development and delivery of recommendations. In addition, you will help to monitor existing portfolio positions and assess their outlook.
You will also support the firm’s overall research effort. Accordingly, you will develop research materials, conduct attribution analysis, assimilate economic data and prepare reports used in our research process. This requires assimilating a wide variety of data, and encompasses strategic positioning, asset allocation and macroeconomic research. While no two days will look the same, primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Developing and maintaining spreadsheets and screens related to managers, and portfolios
• Working closely with investment team to identify potential position changes within strategy guidelines and investment process
• Providing support to all members of investment team
• Providing input in response to Portfolio Manager requests
• Writing rationales for purchases and sales
• Attending manager meetings and reporting back
• Providing trading support as needed
• Producing marketing materials in conjunction with team
• On occasion, modeling company financials and apply applicable valuation metrics
• Ability to work as part of a team and take instruction from team members
• Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment
• Ability to solve problems, prioritize work, provide sound advice, and meet deadlines in a sometimes-demanding work environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and detail orientation
• Open-minded, flexible, and willing to listen to other people’s opinions
• Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate in person and over the phone with a variety of individuals at a variety of levels
• Bachelor’s Degree is required.
• 2-5 years of experience in the investment field
• Demonstrated interest and aptitude in investment research
• Team player than can join us in the growth of our research team to deliver outstanding performance to our clients
• Strong quantitative skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• Knowledge of investment applications a plus
• Must have minimal physical mobility. Position may occasionally require standing, walking, reaching, and lifting up to 15 pounds.
• Must have the ability to operate equipment such as a computer and copy machine.
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and to read and follow detailed instructions.
• Must have the ability to prepare assorted documents and other related materials.
• Must have the ability to work in stressful conditions under time deadlines.
More searches like this
- Performance Analysis Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors