Verdis is a single family office investing globally from its base outside of Philadelphia, PA. Established in 2004, Verdis invests proprietary capital as well as capital from our institutional investor and family office partners. Drawing from a rich legacy in finance and entrepreneurship that spans three centuries, Verdis applies an innovative, unconstrained and analytically-rigorous approach to investing designed to generate superior returns.
Verdis Investment Management allocates capital to third-party fund managers across a broad spectrum of geographies, asset classes, strategies and sectors.
The Verdis team has unique backgrounds that include private equity investing, data science and direct operating experience. Collectively we have spent decades building an extensive global network that includes general and limited partners, academics, operating company executives and the investment teams at many of the largest endowment and foundation investment offices. This network and the associated proprietary research is a source of investment ideas, manager recommendations and invaluable insight that drives the investment opportunities available at every point in the cycle.
The Associate will focus on the firm’s real estate investment activities through allocations to third-party private real estate fund managers. In addition, the Associate, Private Markets will also work on investment in third-party fund managers across all global private equity partnerships including buyouts, growth equity, and natural resources. The Associate, Private Markets will also be responsible for:
- providing analytical support for sourcing and underwriting private fund managers in real estate and private equity;
- evaluating and performing in-depth due diligence on prospective and current investment fund managers, analyzing historical portfolio construction and performance records, and composing memoranda detailing recommendations to the Verdis Investment Committee;
- the ongoing monitoring of selected managers, which involves occasional travel (post-COVID);
- aiding in the development of the quarterly reports to investors, helping to identify attractive new investment opportunities, and assisting with other communication to investors as needed;
- assisting the investment team to maintain awareness of developments within the real estate and private equity industries in which it invests:
- mentoring and supporting junior investment analysts, providing guidance on investment team workflows as needed.
To qualify for the Associate, Private Markets position, candidates must have 4+ years experience in either Real Estate Acquisitions/Development/Financing, Investment Banking, Investment Management or Investment Research. Candidates must also have superior written and oral communication skills, quantitative/statistics skills, and a strong academic record. An undergraduate degree from a top tier academic institution is required, as is experience with Microsoft Word and Excel. A successful candidate should be self-motivated, intellectually curious, creative, and diligent.
Verdis is prepared to offer a competitive compensation package, including salary, incentive compensation, and benefits.
More searches like this
- Performance Analysis Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors