Trade Operations Associate - Hedge Fund
The Trade Operations Associate will be responsible for providing support to Portfolio Managers and other Departments to ensure all trades are captured and affirmed in a timely manner, perform Cash and Position reconciliation, and face off heavily to Prime Brokers, Clearers and Third Party Admins to help resolve any trade breaks. The role will be primarily focused Fixed Income, although will also cover Equity products.
- Assisting the Front Office to ensure all trades are booked accurately.
- Act as a liaison between the Business and Prime Brokers, Clearers and Third Party Admin to resolve any breaks.
- Monitor Markitwire, ICE and Omgeo and ensure trades are matches and affirmed.
- Work closely with Operation Control teams to ensure a robust framework is in place.
- Partner with Technology on various projects, including system enhancements.
- Monitoring and timely resolution of queries sent from PM's
- Broader T0 tasks: To ensure that the MO provide a timely level of service and support to the other product lines and areas who are involved with affirming trades on T0 (e.g. FX, Futures, Equity).
- Improvements and management of initiatives: Identify and document pain points / process weaknesses within respective areas, and take steps to remediate through delivery of remediation initiatives. This should include: Stakeholder buy in and engagement, syndication and sign off of business case(s), end-to-end project planning, delivery to plan and status reporting, and escalation of risks / issues.
- Control focus: Proactively identify, assess and document risks within your area, and propose process and control improvements to mitigate them. Additionally it is required to keep the Operational Risk department informed of any findings.
- Degree educated; CFA preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Fixed Income Operations background, including in a Trade Support or Trade Operations setting, ideally in a Hedge Fund.
- Ability to work at pace, facing off to Senior Portfolio Managers.
- Strong understanding of reconciliations of trading activity from front to back, resolving trade and position breaks.
- VBA / Strong Excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral