About Cooper Investors
Cooper Investors (CI) is a Melbourne-based specialist equity fund manager established in 2001 and 100% owned by its employees. We invest over A$12 billion in Australian and international equities on behalf of our clients including large superannuation funds, religious institutions, State Government agencies, endowments, charities and high net worth families and individuals.
We want to continue our success by finding someone who has a strong willingness to learn The CI Way and aligns with our cultural values - gratitude & humility; intentionality; curiosity & passion; being in the moment & present; and authenticity.
About the Role
This full time role is based in our Melbourne office and will mainly focus on the management of our FactSet OMS (order management and compliance system) along with daily reconciliation and unit pricing processes to support the fund accounting team and ensure that we can continue to deliver A++ service to all CI stakeholders both internal and external. The role will also involve the detailed review of unit trust distributions, tax returns and statutory accounts.
The role will provide an exciting opportunity to:
- Be the FactSet OMS super user for the team
- Daily reconciliation of all positions held within our investment management system back to book of record maintained by our custodian/back office provider.
- Liaise with brokers and custodians in relation to any trade settlement issues.
- Assist in the preparation of annual financial statement for CI’s Trusts.
- Assist CI’s auditors in carrying out the audit of CI’s Trusts annual financial statement.
- Assist the CFO in the preparation of CI’s Trust tax returns.
- Timely and efficient review and sign-off of daily unit prices and performance fee calculations for domestic and international pooled investment funds
You have an undergraduate qualification in accounting and will have an analytical and problem solving mindset and be a natural relationship builder. You will have between 3-5 years’ industry experience within funds management, specifically dealing with Unit Pricing, Unit Registry and Regulatory Reporting. You will have had experience with using FactSet OMS and can demonstrate high levels of enthusiasm and rapport building capability with colleagues, clients, brokers and CI’s custodian.
In return, you will learn industry best principles amongst leaders who have a wealth of experience to impart onto you. As an experienced Fund Accountant, we value your input. We acknowledge the beliefs, views and attitudes of others. Join us on the journey.
CI also provides a supportive working environment with its core cultural values in mind, some benefits include: medical health assessments, wellness support such as meditation courses, massages, and a generous subsidy for gym membership.
Applications are strictly confidential and must be submitted via LinkedIn.
To be considered for the role you must include a tailored covering letter with your CV detailing:
- what you would bring to this role;
- your passion or affinity with the region; and
- experience against the role descriptors above.
Due to the number of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those that have been successful in securing an interview. In advance, we thank you for your interest. Applications close 25 March 2021.