Junior Equity Analyst
COMPANY: ACR Alpine Capital Research, LLC is a $3B+ AUM fundamental value manager serving financial intermediaries and institutions with concentrated equity, credit, and multi-strategy vehicles. ACR is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. For additional information, please visit www.acr-invest.com.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The candidate will report to the CIO and be responsible for supporting the CIO and investment team in the acquisition and analysis of company, industry, financial market, and economic intelligence. Relocation to St. Louis and 50-hour work week required.
- Quickly acquire competency in the firm’s investment principles and process.
- Maintain research reports, financial models, and valuation models using Cap IQ, 10Ks, Bloomberg, and other information sources.
- Gather difficult to find data on industries, companies, and markets.
- Maintain portfolio reports, financial market, and economic databank from multiple sources.
- Update and maintain accounting adjustment policy and procedures.
- Produce write-ups on industry competitors including key financial metrics for companies being analyzed.
- Develop and cultivate relationships and conduct interviews with industry participants, suppliers, and others to better understand industry and company dynamics, management effectiveness, and product competitiveness.
- Support the research and composition of white papers.
- Review company write-ups and holdings of respected asset managers and research sources and determine if an investment is worth pursuing.
QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate will be a very well read, highly curious, independent thinking, rational, and self-starting investment professional.
- Highest level of integrity and ethical standards.
- A passion for value investing and desire to read key value investment books.
- Strong working knowledge of business, finance, accounting, and economics.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Very detail oriented.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel and financial model building.
- Minimum two years relevant industry experience.
- MBA and CFA designation preferred; or progress toward CFA designation required.
LOCATION: St. Louis, Missouri, USA
COMPENSATION: Competitive compensation and bonus opportunity commensurate with qualifications and performance.
WHERE TO APPLY: All interested applicants must apply online at https://acr-alpine-capital-research.breezy.hr/p/d1a209009f2b