IGM Financial Inc. is one of Canada's premier financial services companies, and one of the country's largest managers and distributors of investment funds and other managed asset products, with over $239 billion in total assets under management as of January 31, 2021. Its activities are carried out principally through Investors Group Inc., Mackenzie Financial Corporation and Investment Planning Counsel Inc.
We are focused on the long-term strength and stability of our companies and recognize these as core responsibilities to our clients and shareholders as we adapt and lead in an ever-changing world.
Why should you join the IGM family?
- Be part of a winning culture!
- Your opportunity to develop and work with smart, highly capable leaders who are passionate and innovative
- A genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion, through public goals, a variety of external partnerships/employee groups and an inclusive environment
- A fulfilling employee experience – we offer competitive terms, a collaborative/respectful way of working and connect strongly with our community
Sustainable Investing is a strategic focus for Mackenzie. The Sustainable Investing team is a Centre of Excellence that was created to build and deliver to clients a range of innovative sustainable investment products, solutions and services. This range will cover the spectrum of sustainable strategies including ESG integration, exclusion and screening, best in class strategies, thematic and impact investing. In addition, this team will bring ESG expertise to develop and align firm-wide perspectives, to support investments teams to uniquely leverage ESG insights through integration and active ownership, and to reinforce Mackenzie’s commitment to Sustainable Investing to clients, advisors, and communities.
The Sustainable Investing team is currently recruiting for an ESG Analyst, responsible for delivering ESG research and expertise to enable Mackenzie Investments to analyze and action material ESG factors that present a risk or opportunity to the firm and / or to our portfolios. This role reports to the AVP, ESG Research.
The ideal candidate will bring strong analytical data skills, passion for sustainable investing and an innovative mindset to build proprietary ESG research and insights that serve a broad diversity of investment strategies across different asset classes (equity, fixed income, multi asset). Our approach will support our investment boutiques to mitigate ESG risks, generate alpha based on ESG factors/themes and to build portfolios that target sustainable outcomes.
- Produce and disseminate ESG research and insights that enhance financial returns and/or sustainable outcomes for environment and society
- Partner closely with multiple investment boutiques to support them in implementing ESG data, research and insights in an effective and user-friendly manner
- Master and keep up to date on the ESG data vendor landscape
- Produce thought leadership related to sustainable investing
- Contribute to innovative client reporting on sustainability aspects
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant experience in ESG data and analytics
- Knowledge of sustainable investment space, capital markets and asset management
- Expertise in environmental data
- Strong analytical and data visualization skills
- Good knowledge of programming languages such as Python
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Comfortable working in autonomy with a builder mindset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Values and Personal Attributes:
- Analytical, innovative and creative thinker
- Strong affinity working with data
- Passionate about making a positive impact on environment and society
- Flexible - comfort managing multiple complex tasks at once; prioritizing
- Ability to implement – not just analyze
- Intellectual rigor
- Team-oriented mindset
- Warm, friendly, collegial, and approachable
- Ability to relate well to all kinds of people, keen on working in a diverse workplace
If you are interested in applying for this position please direct applications on-line using the “apply for this job” icon located at the bottom or to the left of the posting. If you would like to refer someone for the position please email the posting using the “email this job” option and have your referral indicate that they were referred by you when completing the application. All resumes should be received by March 5, 2021. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Human Resources. Please record your extension number on your resume and cover letter. This position is a career level P5.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments offers an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive base salary, performance-based bonuses, excellent benefits, recognition for your accomplishments, and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Mackenzie Investments is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.