Finance Analyst, Treasury
Job Title: Finance Analyst, Treasury
“Powering Economies and Communities”
TransAlta owns, operates, and develops a diverse fleet of electrical generation assets in Canada, the United States and Australia, providing municipalities, industries, and businesses with safe, low-cost and reliable clean electricity.
For over 100 years, TransAlta has been a responsible operator and proud community-member where its employees work and live. We are committed to fostering a dynamic, productive, and safe work environment. Our employees contribute to a diverse, open, and transparent culture with clear accountabilities, strong leadership, and challenging opportunities for personal career growth.
For more information about TransAlta, visit our website at, www.transalta.com
TransAlta is currently seeking a full-time Treasury Finance Analyst to join our Corporate Finance team at our head office in Calgary.
The Treasury Finance Analyst would be responsible to support treasury projects relating to corporate funding and financial risk management as well as providing analytical support for treasury activities including analysis to support the corporate credit rating. This role would also support treasury projects relating to corporate funding and financial risk management. Projects could include private and public debt and equity offerings, negotiating bank loans, project level debt and asset drop down transactions. Also, requires experience dealing with foreign exchange and interest rate exposures, transacting on hedging programs and coordinating hedge accounting where appropriate; and responsible for day-to-day Treasury functions.
- Support execution and delivery of Treasury projects including capital and bank market funding, drop downs and private debt.
- Develop financial models to support financing analysis and treasury activities.
- Support due diligence efforts on financing transactions.
- Execute foreign exchange and interest rate hedging program.
- Prepare fixed income and rating agency materials.
- Provide and prepare analysis and support for any assigned treasury activities including new products, growth projects, funding’s, ratio sensitivities, budget preparation, liquidity analysis, audit requests, board materials, pension committee materials and deliverables etc.
- Support ad hoc projects and financial information requests as assigned.
- Support enterprise risk as it relates to Treasury accountabilities.
- 1 - 2 years' experience including a Bachelor Degree/Diploma in Finance, Commerce, Accounting or business-related fields, with New Grads considered as well
- Working towards designation in Finance (CFA or MBA preferred)
- Experience in the Corporate Finance and International Finance experience
- Experience in the power industry and related markets
- Proficient financial analysis and financial modelling skills
- Strong system skills including proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Well organized and excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and handle multiple deadlines and changing priorities is essential
- Capital markets and banking, corporate structuring, FX and interest rate risk management, credit rating criteria experience
- Ability to build trust in relationships and add value in diverse teams
- Ability to provide support at various levels of the organization
- Willing to work outside of normal work hours to meet deadlines
Our comprehensive and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, incentive, and rewards programs form the foundation of TransAlta’s excellent employment proposition.
Come on board!
Our commitment is to attract and retain the best talent. Some positions may require the successful completion of one or more background checks such as criminal, medical, or compliance. If these verifications are needed, they will be indicated on the job posting.