Analyst, Institutional Portfolio Management
6 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Analyst, Institutional Portfolio Management – Institutional Client Management
Full-time, Calgary, AB or Toronto, ON
Be Boring. Make Money.™ is our investment approach, but we are anything but dull. We are a diverse team of professionals—all with a shared goal: to be the best.
We celebrate our unique and independent culture. We take pride in doing things a little differently than other investment firms. Our pursuit for excellence means that a career with Mawer is demanding; however, interesting challenges are plentiful, and innovative ideas, diverse opinions, and teamwork are expected and rewarded regardless of title and tenure.
The Firm is seeking an Analyst, Institutional Portfolio Management to support senior members of the Institutional Client Management team and respond to requests for proposal (RFPs) from institutional prospects located in both Canada and the U.S.
This position reports to the Director of Institutional Client Management.
- Support Institutional Portfolio Managers with client and consultant requests for information
- Prepare presentations, related materials, and competitive intelligence research for finalists and other prospective meetings
- Lead and execute complex client deliverables, including performance reports, due diligence requests, and other portfolio analysis
- Respond to RFIs and RFPs from consultants and other institutional prospective clients located in Canada and the U.S.
- Liaise with internal investment professionals to ensure a detailed understanding of the firm’s investment processes and products to maintain accurate and relevant external responses
- Generate and design competitive intelligence reports and make appropriate recommendations to drive business decisions
- Develop and maintain reports in Salesforce that report on Business Development progress
- Update Salesforce and maintain content related to new opportunities and sales activity
- Update and manage RFP content in our RFP database (RFPIO)
- Support the development and maintenance of marketing collateral for both Canadian and U.S prospects
- Maintain marketing and consultant databases, such as eVestment
- Communicate externally with select business partners, clients, and consultants
- Support custom projects for both Canadian and U.S clients
- Potentially participate in the production of performance attribution commentary and analysis for investment strategies sent to clients and prospects
- Potentially participate in client meetings with Institutional Portfolio Managers
- Drive continuous improvement across team processes and written content
Education, Skills & Qualifications
- University degree
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course or other industry-related courses
- Minimum 3 years of investment industry experience
- Exceptional communication skills, specifically writing
- Strong data analysis capabilities
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong time management and project management skills to meet deadlines
- Ability to present candid feedback and suggestions to improve processes
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Works well in a team environment
- Knowledge of the institutional investment industry would be an asset
- Directly contribute to the firm’s growth as a global investment manager.
- Learn and work alongside high-performing individuals, within a team that has consistently delivered exceptional long-term investment results and the highest levels of client satisfaction (our client retention is 99%).
- Be a part of a meritocracy in which the quality of ideas supersedes hierarchy. At Mawer, talented individuals can progress quickly, regardless of tenure or experience.
- We offer the potential for ownership over time based on the firm’s selection criteria.
- We have a unique culture, one that emphasizes integrity, clients’ interests, excellence, teamwork, and long-term thinking.
Established in 1974, Mawer Investment Management Ltd. is an independent firm that provides world-class, global investment management services across all major asset classes to a broad range of institutional and individual clients. We are proud of our reputation as one of Canada’s most respected investment management firms and strive to earn such respect by continually delivering long-term investment excellence, developing strong client partnerships, and living our core values. Mawer currently manages approximately $78 billion in assets and employs over 200 people in Calgary, Toronto, the U.S., and Singapore.
Applicants should visit http://www.mawer.com/careers/ to view this job posting and other current opportunities. Please submit your résumé and cover letter by March 7, 2021. Only applications that include all required materials will be considered.