High Yield Corporate Credit Analyst
Job ID#: 669
Location: New York, NY
Employment Type: Permanent
With over 180 billion in assets under management, Fiera Capital, an independent firm, is one of Canada’s leading investment managers. We deliver customized multi-asset solutions across public and private market asset classes to institutional, financial intermediary and private wealth clients across North America, Europe and key markets in Asia. We strive to be at the forefront of investment-management science, and we are passionate about creating sustainable wealth for clients. Fiera Capital is recognized for our talented people. Our teams collaborate and seek to draw on the global industry’s most innovative and diverse offerings to craft strategies that meet the needs of any client, anywhere they are located.
WHY JOIN FIERA CAPITAL:
- Inclusive workplace and diverse background of employees
- Growth and development opportunities
- Entrepreneurial industry-leading company with a purposeful mission
- Flexible work arrangements, competitive compensation and benefits
- Collaborative approach, innovative and culture of integrity
- Ambitious organization who strives for excellence
Under the supervision of the Director of Credit Research the Analyst will work with the portfolio managers and members of the corporate credit group to provide in depth coverage of high yield bonds.
As part of your duties, you will be assigned the following responsibilities:
- Fundamental high yield credit research in multiple sectors. Display a deep understanding of a company’s economic, financial, sector, and political factors and covenants that impact the company’s ability to repay its debt;
- Financial modeling, analyzing key financial metrics, default risk, potential recoveries in event of default;
- Identify improving, stable and deteriorating credits;
- Thorough understanding of risk including covenants, credit agreements and security;
- Make buy, hold or sell recommendations incorporating the fundamental credit outlook;
- Develop relationships with rating agencies, sell-side analysts, and other Fiera investment professionals, including fixed income and equity analysts.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in related field;
- CFA Designation preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND SPECIFIC SKILLS
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a buy side research analyst specializing in high yield with a strong performance track record;
- Experience with financial statement modeling and analysis;
- Previous experience with stressed/distressed credit situations is a plus;
- Broad knowledge of the high yield universe and specific sector knowledge;
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills;
- Capacity for differentiated thinking and perspective;
- Ability to work effectively and make preliminary decisions in a short time frame;
- Team player with an entrepreneurial attitude, strong interpersonal skills, and good work ethic;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Advanced PC skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Our people are the most valuable asset we have and it is our mission to build an inclusive environment that acknowledges everyone's opinion.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
All aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds. Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in a career with Fiera Capital. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To all recruitment agencies: Fiera Capital does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any Fiera Capital employee, office location or website. Fiera Capital will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.