Senior ESG Impact Management Analyst (position can be based anywhere in the U.S.)
This position is within Calvert Research and Management (“CRM”), a subsidiary of Eaton Vance. CRM is a global investor and recognized leader in responsible investing. Our dual mission is to deliver superior long-term performance to our clients and to enable them achieve positive socio-environmental impact.
For this position, Calvert is seeking an individual to support the implementation, scaling and evolution of Calvert’s frameworks, methodologies and initiatives for measuring, managing and reporting on the ESG impact footprint of Calvert’s investment portfolios.
- Support the delivery, implementation and refinement of a best-in-class impact KPI framework. Develop fluency in and ensure the rigor, robustness and relevance of Calvert’s impact metrics, underlying calculations, overarching methodology and pipelined impact initiatives.
- Collaborate with Calvert’s research, engagement, investment, marketing and product/business development teams to identify and address investment impact needs, gaps, risks and opportunities.
- Liaise with Calvert’s IT team on impact management initiatives to streamline and enhance impact data infrastructure, tools, analytics, ease of accessibility and end-user reporting capabilities.
- Support initiatives to catalogue, benchmark, report on and improve the impact profile of Calvert’s investment products.
- Track the shifting investment landscape, monitor relevant developments in existing and emerging data sets, and proactively incorporate accretive enhancements to Calvert’s dynamic multi-asset class impact platform on a continual basis.
- Contribute thought leadership content on ESG impact management/investment performance across asset classes.
- Represent Calvert in investment impact-related industry initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Impact Management.
Job Requirements and Desired Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or related field.
- Minimum 8 years professional experience with ESG data/quantitative analysis, qualitative research and integration in an investment context.
- Demonstrated technical acuity for leveraging technology platforms to combine and rapidly analyze large, disparate data sets with an eye towards extracting fresh, actionable insights alongside procedural and operational efficiencies.
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills. Capacity to juggle multiple initiatives and shifting priorities concurrently while adhering to stipulated timelines.
- Superlative interpersonal and communication skills. Strong facilitation acumen with ability to interface seamlessly with a range of technically savvy and non-technical stakeholders.
- Hands-on, proactive, effective problem solver with an entrepreneurial approach, experimental mindset and a willingness to constructively challenge conventional practices/wisdom.
- Highly engaged, methodical, versatile individual able to work with agility and minimal supervision to produce high quality output in short order to meet ambitious goals.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skillsets, competency in structured query and other computer programming languages and conversance with data visualization platforms.
- Agile learner with uncompromising attention to detail and unwavering commitment to high excellence standards.