Melior Investment Management
Melior Investment Management (Melior) was established in 2018 and is a Sydney based Australian impact investment manager that invests in Australian and New Zealand listed companies.
We are a boutique team of experienced investment professionals who are passionate about helping investors use their capital to deliver competitive returns and improve outcomes for people and planet. We do this by investing in companies that are having a positive impact and influencing companies to do better. We launched our first fund, the Melior Australian Impact Fund in July 2019. The fund was ranked in the top 10 large cap equities managers by Rainmaker in its first financial and calendar year.
Melior is an early mover in impact investing in Australian equities and looks to deliver competitive returns and positive social and environmental impact. We are a signatory to the UN Principles of Responsible Investment, are a member of the Responsible Investment Association Australasia and were recognised as a leader in Responsible Investment in RIAA’s Responsible Investment Benchmark Report 2020. For more information on Melior, our approach and the team, visit our website www.meliorim.com.au
Melior is looking for an Investment analyst to undertake financial analysis, company modelling and deep fundamental, impact and ESG research on Australian and New Zealand companies.
The role is a unique opportunity to be one of the early members of an Australian equities’ boutique in the fast-growing impact investing space.
- Sector and stock coverage of Australian and New Zealand companies.
- Conduct company modelling and financial analysis on Australian and NZ listed stocks.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative impact and ESG analysis at a company and portfolio level.
- Contribute to the investment decision making process and actively collaborate across sectors.
- Liaise with companies on financial and material ESG issues.
- Contribute to investment thought pieces.
Key Attributes and Skills
- Over 5 years financial markets experience.
- Deep understanding of accounting and finance. Bachelor degree (or higher) in Finance, Accounting or related field preferred, but not essential. CFA qualification highly regarded but not essential.
- A passion for Impact and ESG is essential. Experience in ESG is preferred, but not essential.
- Active collaborator who thrives in a team environment and enjoys the challenge of working alongside senior executives.
- Highly analytical with strong excel skills as well as experience in financial modelling.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in written form.
- Results focused and strong work ethic.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Aligned with Melior’s values - https://meliorim.com.au/about/#values.
- Applications close on Wednesday 24 March 2021.
- All applications must include a cover letter and a copy of your CV.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Melior will consider flexible and part-time work arrangements.
Melior Investment Management is a values-based organisation, committed to an inclusive workplace that embraces and promotes diversity and inclusion. We are committed to ensuring that all our partners, stakeholders and employees are treated with respect and dignity, and to generating investment returns in an environmentally and socially responsible manner.