Equity Quantitative Analyst
Quantitative analysts are expected to make significant contributions to the Equity Division’s quantitative management group. This position focuses on researching equity markets to develop exploitable investment insights across our quantitative strategies and to support the expansion of the quantitative research group’s analytical tools and activities.
Collaboratively research, analyze, and model fundamentally driven quantitative topics relevant to stock selection and portfolio management under guidance of a senior associate. Position involves the following:
- Perform empirical analysis aimed at refuting / validating investment insights including stock, factor, industry and country selection insights.
- Translating research, understanding its context, and discerning implications for the investment decision making process.
- Conduct research and analysis on other investment management research topics, such as attribution and portfolio construction.
- Keep abreast of industry, academic and related research and initiate new research ideas.
- Provide thought leadership for our fundamental partners as it relates to our investment insights, models and portfolios.
Minimum of a graduate degree, such as an MBA / MS in Finance with a strong Statistics background. Candidates with BA/BS in Finance with strong credentials and work experience would be considered. Strong academic background.
- A graduate degree such as an MBA.
- Completion of or progress towards a CFA or comparable designation. Commitment to obtain a CFA charter.
- Prior experience in the financial services industry, preferably in a research capacity.
- Programming experience.
- Experience conducting empirical research and working with large data sets.