4 days left
Sobre a vaga VentureFriends.vc is a European Venture Capital fund based in Athens and London that invests in Seed & Series A tech-enabled B2C and B2B start-ups, with a sweet spot for Marketplaces, SaaS and Proptech, Fintech, Traveltech.
We launched VentureFriends in early 2016, and through 2 funds totalling €70M we have invested so far in 40 startups based in Greece, UK, Spain, Sweden, Austria, Ukraine, US and UAE. We aspire to be the first call for ambitious international founders who have a start-up in the categories that fall within our investment focus and that we have built a relevant network around. We believe that Iberia has great potential and want to continue to focus in the region, after already been involved and invested in companies like Belvo, Spotahome etc.
We abide by the high start-up pace and high performance culture where people get significant responsibility and unique opportunities to learn and develop. We believe in and operate by clear and uncompromising values of meritocracy, candor and respect.
Having said the above, VentureFriends is looking to grow its team and hire a Principal as a new integral part of our investment team.
As a Principal, you will have the unique opportunity to engage with, learn from and support top people (founders, investors and tech talent) in the ecosystem. You will be part of a 8 people investment team, thus having direct exposure and strong influence in the investment decision making process of VentureFriends.
The Key Responsibilities Will Be
DEAL SOURCING AND EVALUATION
- Proactively source interesting start-ups based on investment focus, qualitative or quantitative metrics and founder merit, as well as geographical location
- Cultivate your existing network in the tech startup ecosystem so that you identify great entrepreneurs and partners early on
- Analyse inbound deal flow and be able to quickly gain understanding of new tech business models in order to assess and identify opportunities
- Research and compile investment memos for presentation to the Investment Committee
- Manage due diligence work streams on investment opportunities
- Liaise with solicitors and founders to negotiate and align on legal documents
- Review portfolio updates, analyse, summarise and present conclusions to the team
- Support existing portfolio companies on PR, recruitment, fundraising as well as connecting them with potential customers, partners and investors
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a keen interest in startups and technology, displayed through knowledge and with previous VC or startup investment (angel, incubator, accelerator) work experience
- Minimum 2-4 years of relevant experience, in a VC or startup investment environment (angel, incubator, accelerator) with involvement and existing network in a local or overall in the European startup ecosystem
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Portuguese as well as the ability to think in business terms
- Exhibition of personal, academic or professional achievements and a clear drive to learn and develop
- Comfort with analyses and numbers and ability to draw decisions based on both intuition and data