The individual filling the role will be responsible for assisting the CIO in the overall portfolio selection, monitoring, research, and reporting functions that are required. The individual will also need to be a proactive spokesperson for the portfolio and comfortable in promoting the funds to staff. S/he will also be the point person for any investment specific questions that arise and will be required to research any answers that are unknown. S/he will assist in the development of model portfolios, updating the models, and ongoing maintenance and monitoring of the selected investments. Additionally, this role will oversee new client investment onboarding including all new account forms and transfer forms. This will also include working with the lead advisor on an initial investment strategy and divestment from prior holdings.
Job description and consistent duties will include:
- Assist with attribution of manager and fund performance and refine ways to minimize underperformance and maximize outperformance relative to return and risk objectives.
- Apply quantitative techniques and models, coupled with specific market knowledge, to investment selection and risk budgeting.
- Assist with execution and document all investment initial and ongoing due-diligence activities and assessments.
- Provide analytical and qualitative support in research, new investment development, and client needs.
- Manage all aspects of portfolios including directed changes, corporate actions, and client activity; ensure that portfolios track within established performance expectations.
- Develop familiarity with various investment related software packages including Morningstar Advisor Workstation to assist associates and advisors in the appropriate analyses.
- Monitoring onboarding of new clients and creating trading plans for legacy positions.
- Investment Committee Member & Duties
- Actively seeks new opportunities to support Investment Committee members and investment decision making.
- Gains and maintains an understanding of the relevant investment directives, procedures, and policies within the construct of the RIA strategies.
- Actively participates in and contributes research and perspective to the RIA Investment Committee.
- Meets with and maintains relationships with fund managers, investment groups and reports to IC monthly. Evaluates value add components from these groups.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, flexibility, support, and effective influence / communication skills in interactions with other RIA functional areas and team members.
- Client Servicing
- New account opening, interface with Schwab, IPS creation, IPS updating, Sales Force recording of updates, monitor update frequency necessary.
- Develops a deep understanding of RIA’s investment strategy and philosophy and delivers that information effectively face-to-face, via conference calls, and through presentations to advisors.
- Helps prepare, research and fact check RIA’s communication pieces related to the managers and portfolios including newsletter articles, market update communications and investment related papers.
- Supports management and client-facing groups in research and ad-hoc requests.
- Skills / Key Competencies Required
- Flexibility / Adaptability
- Attention to Detail / Data Organization/ Accuracy
- Confidentiality / Integrity
- Project Planning and Execution
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline from an accredited institution.
- Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) designation or other relevant credentials preferred.
- 3-7 years of experience in managing portfolios and research support roles.
- Solid understanding of financial data types, management, and analysis.
- Ability to employ advanced data handling functions within MS Excel.
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills, comfortable presenting to advisors.
- Salary Range $57,000 to $70,000 depending on experience
Employee Benefits at Harbor Wealth Management
- Discretionary performance bonus
- Medical reimbursement of $3744 per year if using Harbor health insurance plans
- Simple IRA Match of 3% of annual salary including bonuses
- Opportunity to participate in profit sharing, etc.
- Paid vacation time starting at 10 days per year (additional after 3 years)
- Paid company holidays of normally 7.5 or 8 days per year
- Paid Sick/Personal time, accrued monthly up to 6 per year
- 2 days Bereavement leave (if needed)
- Long term disability coverage after 90 days (premium paid by HWM)
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Free Investment Management Services from date of hire
- Free Financial Planning Services after one year of employment with subsequent planning every 3 years
- Flexible daily schedule to allow for class attendance, errands, volunteer activity, etc.
- Flexibility to use Sick time as Personal days (up to amount accrued)
- Volunteer Day events
- Birthday gifts / celebrations
- Periodic Staff Lunches
- Upward mobility
- Downtown Boulder office location with lots of natural light, enhanced air quality, positive work environment and free parking
- Supportive team environment
Harbor Wealth Management is a Boulder based premiere wealth management firm. We are a woman owned company with over 30 years in business. We provide comprehensive financial planning and investment management to individuals, families, and small businesses. Harbor is a fast growing, family friendly company that takes pride in community and education outreach. We have a fun and creative work environment. We promote employee development and advancement. A high service attitude and attention to detail are a must.
More searches like this
- Equities Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- ESG/Socially Responsible Research Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors