Product Marketing Manager - Northern Trust Asset Management
Overview of the Product Marketing Manager Role
The Product Marketing Manager is a key role within the marketing department of Northern Trust Asset Management, responsible for building compelling messaging and campaigns to drive adoption for their products and solutions around the globe. The ideal candidate will combine strong investment expertise, an investor centric mindset and an understanding of distribution processes in order to create effective go-to-market strategies. A strong ability to influence both internally and externally will be critical, as well as, the drive and intellectual curiosity to find innovative ways to drive engagement among our key institutional and intermediary investor segments.
- Develop and clearly articulate compelling messaging, differentiation and positioning for product suite.
- Work with the Director of Global Product Marketing to develop, execute and communicate measurable product marketing strategies and objectives
- Partner closely with product management, investment teams, sales and channel marketing partners to build compelling insights and content for various audiences to consume in a variety of formats
- Create campaigns needed at various stages of the product lifecycle including product introduction, demand generation, client communication, and retention
- Continuously learn and develop deep subject matter expertise of investment solutions, industry trends, investor profiles and marketing best practices
- Glean competitive intelligence from various tools such as eVestment, Morningstar Direct and Ned Davis Research to inform marketing and sales strategy
- Design and help execute product marketing campaigns that may span a variety of investment products and geographies.
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years investment, product management or product marketing experience within an investment management organization
- Industry certification and/or FINRA licensing preferred (CFA, CIMA, Series 7, etc.)
- Strong technical product and investment knowledge across strategies and asset classes is desired particularly with sustainable investing, multi-asset class, liquidity or factor-based strategies.
- Demonstrated experience leading collaboration efforts with investment teams and extracting the key differentiating features of an investment strategy key messages to help successfully position products with professional investors.
- Ability to apply an investor-centric lens and translate difficult/complex investment concepts into practical application content and messaging
- Deep understanding of the investment management industry, across all asset classes, channels, FINRA & SEC regulations and competitors
- Proven track record in driving engagement and adoption of investment products in any capacity (sales, marketing, investment specialist, etc.).
- Ability to think strategically, execute with precision and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
Who you are
- Results-driven, high-performing individual with excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Confident self-starter with proven leadership experience and ability to work in matrix organization.
- Client centric individual with thorough understanding of investor needs and how to position various investment strategies in the context of real-world portfolios
- Strong written/oral communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, professional demeanor, and an intellectual curiosity.
- Superior interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively in various team settings and influence senior partners.