Senior Investment Associate
Roles and Responsibilities
- Identify and evaluate potential investment opportunities across various lines/sectors with the objectives of diversification and growth
- Perform investment analysis and feasibility studies and present findings to investment committee
- Conduct Due Diligence for target investments as well as valuation analysis based on true business drivers
- Track and monitor performance of asset portfolio through relevant dashboards, KPIs and scorecards.
- Implement innovative forms of information processing for enhanced business insight, decision making and risk management.
- Conduct business analytics using advanced quantitative techniques.
- Prepare and monitor financial forecasts detailing company-specific models used for decision-making purposes.
- Contribute to the deal sourcing efforts across the various operating units.
- Perform macro-level analysis to help define the investment strategy for new opportunities as well as decisions regarding current assets.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Engineering or relevant field
- CFA highly desirable
- MBA would be a plus
- 10 years of overall experience (some of this working experience preferably in London/New York) with progressive responsibilities
- 3-4 years of direct experience as an M&A, financial or business analyst
- Prior experience working with a reputable consultancy, investment firm, or family office with related investment analysis / asset management experience is required.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Highly analytical skills are very essential for this position
- Advanced skills in use of spreadsheets and Business Intelligence software packages
- Attention to details is a must
- Must be able to work effectively in a multicultural environment
- High level of integrity and dependability, with diligent work ethic
- A strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability and good judgment.
- Mastery level knowledge of valuation methods such as DCF
- Big picture view and understanding of business value drivers
- Ability to perform Financial Due Diligence and support such process by working with third party advisors
- Ability to understand market trends and their impact on business lines and forecasts