Vice President, Institutional Sales
Vice President, Institutional Sales
Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group LP
Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group LP (“CC&L”) provides investment management services to individuals, advisors, pension plans, institutional investors and foundations. The firm has offices across Canada and in New York, Chicago, and London, England. Through its affiliated investment managers, CC&LFG is responsible for the investment of over $86 billion in financial assets.
We are looking for a Vice President, Institutional Sales for our Vancouver office. CC&L’s passion for excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and sense of urgency require a sales professional with a similar professional style. In this role, you will execute on a sales strategy that is focused, thorough and sustainable as a principal contributor. You will be actively involved in the direct prospecting and presenting to prospective institutional clients within the small to mid-market space and the follow-up necessary to give institutional investors comfort regarding the firm’s experience and capabilities. This requires a thorough understanding of what CC&L offers and an understanding of how these solutions compare to those of its competitors, working closely with the investment teams and sales peers across Canada.
What You’ll Be Doing
Reporting to the SVP, Head of Institutional Sales, Canada, you will be responsible for supporting CC&L’s business development initiatives throughout Vancouver. This includes:
- Developing and implementing business strategy, targeting key institutional prospects (small to mid-tier corporate, public plans, as well foundations, endowments and family offices)
- Securing favorable ratings of our investment strategies with institutional consultants where assigned
- Working closely with the head of sales and portfolio management teams to strategically position the firm to attract institutional assets
- Coordinating meetings with prospects, consultants and appropriate internal staff
- Communicating to prospects and consultants critical CC&L information, including performance data, personnel changes, portfolio data, strategy and market updates
- Attending industry conferences to gain exposure and visibility
- Understanding the competitive environment across institutional channels, e.g. corporate, public, foundation and endowments
- Leveraging a deep knowledge of institutional investors to help continually identify new product development ideas
- Working closely with the marketing team on the continued development of materials and preparation of responses to client or prospect inquiries relating to the firm’s product offerings and investment philosophy, processes and resources, but which may also encompass a wide range of firm and investment-related topics.
The VP, Institutional Sales professional will be a highly energetic investment professional with institutional sales and consultant relationship experience.
- Five to ten years of related experience
- Strong relationships with the institutional market throughout Vancouver
- Strong investment foundation and knowledge of financial products and markets
- Ability to clearly and concisely articulate investment information
- An aptitude for business development and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to develop and execute a sales plan
- Strong familiarity with the institutional market, investment strategy preferences and key issues facing institutions and their consultants
- Understanding of the competitive environment across institutional channels, e.g. corporate, public, foundation and endowments
- Excellent interpersonal , communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with internal groups such as portfolio management, sales support, and marketing to enhance the CC&L brand
- Undergraduate degree; CIM or CFA designation would be an asset
About Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group
Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group manages over $86 billion on behalf of institutional and individual clients. We believe that success in asset management is an outcome of attracting, retaining and motivating the most talented individuals in our industry. This is best achieved by the delivery of:
- A High-Quality Environment – To work with people who we hold in high regard; to enjoy the time that we spend at work; to focus on productive activities without the distraction of politics and bureaucracy; to treat each other with respect.
- An Opportunity to Succeed – To do work that has value and which presents the opportunity for professional growth and development.
- Recognition and Reward – To recognize each person's contribution and to align compensation with contribution.
Our business comprises of eleven institutional investment affiliates that are responsible for investment decision making and client service, Connor Clark & Lunn Private Capital which provides multi-asset class investment solutions and Connor, Clark & Lunn Funds which distributes single strategy investments to individual investors.
Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group partners with each of its affiliates by contributing world class operations, product development expertise, broad distribution and business management. We have grown from $29 billion in assets and 200 people in 2008 to over $86 billion and 600+ people today and this has been accompanied by a high level of change in technology, types of assets managed, trading activity and geographic growth. As we look forward we can see both challenges and opportunities for further growth that only reinforce our commitment to attracting, retaining and motivating the most talented people in our industry.
To apply for this position, please submit both your cover letter and resume combined as one PDF document at the following link: https://jobapply.page.link/DswT
We thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls or recruitment agencies will be accepted.