What we are looking for -
Aspiriant is a leading independent wealth management firm, advising ~1,800 clients with ~$14 billion in assets under management across eleven offices in the United States. We recognize and respect the value and contributions of each team member to the overall success of our company, and we strive to cultivate a work environment that strikes a balance between our professional and personal lives.
The Research Analyst will be involved in many aspects of the economic and research inputs to our investment platform. She or he will participate in the team’s ongoing research and investment analyses, creation of firmwide materials, and third-party manager due diligence. This role offers the opportunity to learn and contribute to the firm’s core investment research functions while working closely with senior members of the team.
You will -
- Update library of investment research materials accessing third-party databases, including Bloomberg, Morningstar, FRED, Global Financial Data, etc.
- Create and maintain professional presentation materials (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) used by advisors in client meetings and communications.
- Generate minutes and summaries of committee discussions and manager reviews.
- Create charts and graphs for quarterly publications.
- Partner with colleagues across departments on data centric projects.
- Participate in due diligence and monitoring of investment managers and strategies.
- Consult with national advisor base on investment related topics and inquiries.
- Other duties as assigned.
We want -
- At least two years of experience in an investment management-related industry (asset management, investment banking, endowment, foundation, corporate/public pension fund, family office, wealth management). Exceptional undergraduate candidates will be considered as well.
- Bachelor’s Degree in economics, business or finance or related field.
- Progress towards the CFA designation preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint and Word) as well as one or more investment databases (Bloomberg, Morningstar, FRED, etc.).
- Ability to work with, study and interpret large amounts of economic and financial data while demonstrating excellent attention to detail.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Will be expected to communicate to a wide range of constituents – internal management, colleagues, clients and asset managers.
- Experience operating successfully in a team-based, intellectual environment. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Impeccable ethical standards and ability to maintain confidences.
- A self-starter who takes ownership for their work.
- Ability to set priorities amongst a variety of tasks and a heavy volume of work.
- Excellent personal and professional references.
We offer –
- Collaborative fun environment
- Generous 401(k) match
- Individual and cash profit sharing bonuses
- Generous company contribution to medical benefits
- Summer ‘Give Back to the Community’ outings
- Paid firm retreats
We are –
ASPIRIANT IS A leading independent wealth management firm.
We recognize, respect and value the contributions of each employee, and we strive to cultivate a work environment that strikes an agreeable balance between our professional and personal lives.
Our core values guide us to seek out a broad range of perspectives, talent, and backgrounds to achieve our mission; one where all staff contribute to and share our success. Aspiriant is committed to diversity, and as an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.
Applicants should go to www.aspiriant.com, select the ‘Careers’ link in the footer search for open positions in Los Angeles or Orange County. From there attach a cover letter and resume for consideration.
Aspiriant is an Equal Opportunity Employer and follows the guidelines for any applicable Fair Chance Ordinances.
Aspiriant is a Registered Investment Adviser, subject to SEC regulation, and requires all employees (and at times, family members) to disclose securities holding and transactions. There are also restrictions on trading certain securities. Candidates are encouraged to request further information regarding these policies.