Research Analyst- Equity Research
About CRISIL Limited CRISIL is a global, agile and innovative analytics company driven by its mission of making markets function better. We are India’s foremost provider of ratings, data, research, analytics and solutions. A strong track record of growth, culture of innovation and global footprint sets us apart. We have delivered independent opinions, actionable insights, and efficient solutions to over 100,000 customers. We are majority owned by S&P Global Inc., a leading provider of transparent and independent ratings, benchmarks, analytics and data to the capital and commodity markets worldwide.
What you should expect from the role?
A Research Analyst is responsible for executing research of a designated sector / geography for a leading sell-side research firm
- Build and update company and industry models
- Create and maintain databases using data from different sources
- Work on regular research publications – earnings previews, reviews, event updates, flash notes etc
- Contribute meaningful research ideas for thematic publication
- Carry out sector analysis and come up with investment themes /idea
- Keep a track of latest developments in the companies under coverage and the sector and incorporate these into the research publications etc.
- Conduct independent company-specific, economic, or trend analysis, and write reports which summarize analysis & finding
- Respond to client inquiries with respect to designated coverage areas
What we expect from you?
· Good understanding of finance, financial markets and accounting
· Experience in financial modelling of 1 to 3 years.
· Excellent MS Excel skills (including advanced excel)
· High level of attention to detail and accuracy; Diligence and hard work
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Ability to articulate well to the clients over phone and email
· Willingness to stretch and be proactive
· Should be a strong team player
What we are looking for?
· MBA (Finance) or Chartered Accountant with up to three years of prior experience
· Pursuing or cleared the CFA certification
· Prior experience of 1-3 years in Equity Research is preferred or candidates with strong financial modelling work experience in any finance role.