Associate Wealth Advisor
3 days left
The Associate Wealth Advisor works in collaboration with and support of one or more advisory teams on the behalf of HoyleCohen offering financial guidance and investment strategy expertise to our clients and securing new client relationships.
OUR STORY PAIRED WITH PURPOSE
HoyleCohen exists to serve its clients. By doing so, our clients are able to achieve their financial goals. We do this with passion and purpose and aspire to be: a high performance organization that works as one; motivated, productive, supportive, accountable; continuously learning, improving, innovating; with strong leadership, clear roles/goals, metrics, accountability; and an environment that inspires…passion with purpose.
Associate Wealth Advisors are our entry-level advisory professional. As a new member of the team, you would likely support 25-50 clients, have a role on the financial planning team, research issues and solutions, and prepare and review meeting materials. You will have an opportunity to learn from seasoned Wealth Advisors and grow your technical expertise through collaboration with our specialized Investment Team. Client relations are paramount; demonstration of excel-lent listening skills and professionalism is key. HoyleCohen Advisory Team members are commit-ted to continuous self-improvement and demonstration of HoyleCohen values; we display an eagerness to learn new skills and participate in special projects and tasks. We are team oriented, proactive, self-motivated, and accountable for our results.
WHAT A GREAT DAY LOOKS LIKE
Starting the day working with the investment team to coordinate trades on behalf of assigned clients. In doing so, we’re helping clients get closer to their retirement accumulation or spending goals. Next you might spend time working with your advisory team colleagues to help prepare for the following week’s Annual Review meetings to help clients track progress towards their desired outcomes. Lastly, you might spend time in conversation with a new/prospective client, learning more about their situation (personal, professional & financial), to build/implement a financial plan that will allow them to achieve their goals in a confident way.
WHO YOU ARE
• You believe in excellence through effective collaboration and process
• You will do whatever it takes and go above and beyond (for clients and each other)
• You will demonstrate transparency with no hidden agenda
• You will exude a humble confidence without an ego
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree and/or 1-5 years’ experience in a similar position
• Must have CFP® certification (Certified Financial Planner)
• Must be customer service focused and team-oriented
• Must have excellent interpersonal communication, both written, verbal, and listening skills
PREFERRED POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience with Tamarac Xi Suite, Salesforce CRM, Microsoft Office, and Morningstar Direct
• Experience working with, motivating and building a team
• Ability to manage multiple clients and projects, to work independently and problem solve
WHAT WE OFFER
• Core values of honesty, integrity, collaboration, transparency, and mutual respect
• A close-knit team committed to providing the highest level of service
• The opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the life of our clients
• An entrepreneurial, rapidly evolving work environment that’s collaborative and fun-loving but will also inspire and challenge you to give your best
• Medical Benefits (Blue Shield of CA, HMO & PPO options; Kaiser Permanente HMO)
• Dental Benefits (Guardian Dental , HMO & PPO options)
• Vision Benefits (VSP Vision PPO)
• Life Insurance & AD&D (100% company paid through UNUM)
• Short-Term and Long-Term Disability (100% company paid through UNUM)
• Flexible Spending Accounts & Other Voluntary Additional Benefits
• 401k Plan (traditional or Roth) with discretionary company match
• Generous Paid Time Off (including 12 holidays, sick, vacation, and volunteer time)
• Incentivized Professional Development (particularly designations/certifications)
• Flexible work arrangements with an emphasis on work-life balance
• Remote Office Perks: monthly coffee chat meetups, monthly $50 expense reimbursement
OUR HIRING PROCESS
Our process is rigorous. Just as you would want to conduct your due diligence on any investment opportunity, we want all parties to have opportunities to talk to several members of the firm at varying levels, so we can make a mutually beneficial, informed decision. While we work remotely due to the pandemic, our typical hiring process looks like this:
1. Round 1 Preliminary Phone Interview with HR Manager
2. Behavioral, Cognitive, and/or Case Study-based Assessments
3. Round 2 Phone Interview with Hiring Manager & Department Peer
4. Round 3 Final Phone Interview with Hiring Manager & Senior Partner(s)
5. Reference Check (3 professional references/1 former manager)
6. Conditional verbal offer (subject to criminal background check)
7. Congratulations and welcome to the firm!
We try to move quickly through this process, but we recognize that calendars don’t always align, and it may be challenging to schedule while working remotely. If at any time you are unsure of where you stand in the process, please reach out to Stacy Love, HR Manager.
Submit your resume to Careers@HoyleCohen.com.