Credit Research Analyst
The position is responsible for contributing toward the overall functional results associated with helping portfolio management of one or more major asset classes within the assigned areas. Participates and contributes toward the development of their function’s investment policies and programs that achieve the objective of the organization and its clients.
- Independently conduct research and analysis necessary to understand and evaluate the relative attractiveness of relevant factors in assigned areas.
- Develop sector specialization by industry or investment strategy and/or make specific recommendations for transactions in assigned areas.
- Responsible for fully and independently assessing and structuring risk on more complex transactions, as well as generating enhanced returns for the increased risk.
- Assist in multiple internal and external projects.
- Participate in the development and implementation of investment strategies and tactics within the credit function.
- Maintain and foster effective relationships both within and outside the company with portfolio managers, traders, research staff, analysts, correspondents, and other market sources.
- Mentor less experienced analysts. Serve as a role model for junior staff.
- Serve as culture carrier for MCA and CUNA Mutual.
- Desire to attend and participate in company-sponsored training, all-employee forums, DEI events, and recommended in-house training.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of the work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
- Graduate Degree and/or CFA/CAIA/CRI/CCIM strongly preferred. Expectation will be to finish one over a short period if the selected candidate doesn't possess a relevant graduate degree or certificate
- Minimum seven years of progressively responsible direct credit experience with solid experience understanding and interpreting financial statements and credit analysis
- Demonstrated knowledge of Bloomberg and other investments management systems as well as the MS Office Suite
- Proven subject matter expertise relevant to assigned area or the ability to quickly come up to speed in those sectors; Experience with the utility sector is a plus
- Ability to build effective relationships at all levels with co-workers
- Achievement-orientation demonstrated by solid judgment, high performance, and achievement of target results
- Proven ability to build effective relationships with skills in negotiating and influencing
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback from managers, colleagues, and direct reports
- Ability to clearly communicate in a range of methods (written, verbal, formal presentation)
- Ability to travel 10%– 35%