Fund Analyst - Fund Allocation
Skills / Experience
- Looking at large data sets and being able to critically analyse to make both quantitative and qualitative recommendations to the client.
- You will add value to the entire aspect of the consultancy lifecycle, developing pitch books, actioning follow ups, in depth research and competitor analysis to develop custom solutions.
- Write white papers and case studies following projects.
- Work closely with the founder on all aspects of projects which could span exploring potential new geographies to enter, funds to launch or product lines to drawdown, to ensure maximum success for the clients' funds.
- Book meetings, prepare presentations and proposals with existing and new clients.
- You will have a good working relationship with clients, understanding their needs in order to help them achieve their goals.
Skills / Experience
- Experience allocating funds - essential.
- Excellent mathematical skills and good working knowledge of financial formulas
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Self-starter and able to work autonomously
- Proven experience in the industry (minimum 3 years) with a working knowledge of alternative asset classes (i.e. experience within Asset Management, Fund Management, third party allocations, Pension funds, buy side)
- Strong understanding of the role of all of the key players in the Asset Management value chain and across the lifecycle of a trade
- Good understanding of fund types (i.e. Hedge, OEIC, UCITS) and key differences.
- Knowledge of the asset classes and products that funds typically invest in (Equities, FI, Derivatives, RE)
- Familiarity with MorningStar, Bloomberg and HFM
- Completed or be studying toward a financial qualification such as CFA / CAIA / CIMA / ACCA / MBA
- Achievement-oriented with strong leadership skills and a desire for continued learning
- Target driven with an embedded desire to achieve results
- Organised with the ability to meet competing deadlines
- A personable relationship builder able to work effectively with others and build relationships at all levels internally and externally
- Confident communicator with audiences of all levels and seniority
- Inquisitive and intellectually curious
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills