Research Associate, Equities
7 days left
QV Investors is an employee owned, discretionary investment management firm that is committed to investing in our people. Founded in 1996, QV stands for “Quality” and “Value”, characteristics that resonate through the firm’s culture and investment principles.
QV wishes to provide the opportunity for a long lasting and rewarding career in our organization. QV is looking for an individual that is committed to reaching their personal best through taking on more responsibilities with time, including the possibility to advance to different roles within the firm.
QV Investors currently has an opening for a Research Associate to support our investment team in the analysis of equities. The Research Associate role entails supporting the Investment Committee in various functions including risk management, performance attribution, investment research and administrative duties.
Preference will be for individuals with a keen interest in investing. The successful candidate will be expected to learn and adopt QV’s investment philosophy and process, while embracing QV’s team based culture, supporting an environment of mutual respect and shared rewards.
Requirements from potential candidates for this position are as follows:
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- An ability to independently think while working cohesively with others
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Above average computer skills
- University degree with a background in Accounting, Actuarial Science, Economics, Finance, History or Statistics
- Completion of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Program, at least Level 3 of the CFA program or at least three years of investment research or investment banking experience
- An abiding curiosity for business, investments and people
- A commitment to community and interests outside investing
- Self-motivated while demonstrating a commitment to success
It is anticipated that the successful candidate will become a full member of the QV Investors team and become an integral part of the future growth in the firm’s business. Interested candidates should forward an expression of their interest and a copy of their resume to:
QV Investors Inc.
Attn: Hiring Committee
Suite 1008, 222 - 3rd Avenue, S.W.
Calgary, AB T2P 0B4
Alternatively, candidates may e-mail a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com with the heading “Research Associate”. We thank all applicants and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Further information about QV Investors Inc. can be found on our website at www.qvinvestors.com.