ABOUT KV REAL ESTATE FINANCE
KV Real Estate Finance is a pillar of KV Capital Group, building on over a decade of experience in the private lending business in Canadian Real Estate Markets. KV Real Estate Finance provides our clients with professional real estate financial expertise for all their capital requirements.
Founded in 2006 by Chartered Accountants and Chartered Business Valuators and based in Edmonton, KV Capital Group’s operations include capital raising, private mortgage lending, private equity and mortgage brokering (residential and commercial). KV Capital has grown by prioritizing the achievement of long-term outcomes and building teams of high-performing professional staff who excel in their collaborative and dynamic operations. We strongly believe in operating under best practices in everything we do.
The successful candidate will be able to analyze, value security for and critically assess, all types of commercial mortgage loan requests, including land acquisition, construction loans, inventory loans, bridge financing and term financing. Your ability to identify critical issues, inconsistencies in the information as well as an assessment of the feasibility of real estate projects will be critical in this role. A high level of attention to detail and the desire to develop professionally in a dynamic work environment is expected. To succeed you must be energetic, collaborative, highly organized and hard working. You will be accountable for the results generated from your work and your ability to help drive our mission forward.
Working under the direction of the Senior Underwriter, you will be responsible to:
• Complete timely review and feasibility assessments of project-based mortgage loan requests under an asset secured model;
• Assist in the preparation of formal loan presentations to third party lenders;
• Identify, assess, quantify, and evaluate moderate to complex risks on a project-by-project basis through i) valuation of real estate security; ii) research on current market conditions; and iii) comparable transactions;
• Complete efficient and comprehensive due diligence procedures on a deal-by-deal basis;
• Identify potential target clients using available industry resources; and
• Work with in-house business development staff, borrowers, and third-party brokers / clients to develop and maintain positive business relationships.
KV Real Estate Finance is focused on developing meaningful, long lasting, and mutually beneficial relationships with our clients. It will be incumbent upon you to maintain and build the reputation of the firm by delivering clear communication, timely service, and providing expert advice.
Analyst / Underwriting
An attractive compensation plan commensurate with experience awaits the successful candidate.
QUALIFICATIONS / DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
• A university degree majoring in accounting or finance (in process or completed). This position will provide qualified hours for CBV and/or CFA candidates.
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Exceptional analytical, communication, and organization skills;
• Strong financial acumen;
• Desire to learn and flexibly grow within the organization;
• Ability to actively promote a culture of professionalism, integrity, and confidentiality;
• A strong attention to detail and ability to multitask effectively;
• Ability to initiate and implement changes and improvements, where applicable;
• Personal interest or working knowledge in the real estate and/or mortgage industry;
• Awareness of local (Albertan and Canadian) economic conditions and indicators;
• Advanced user of Microsoft Office Suite, with a demonstrated expertise in Excel; and
• Experience using Spin, various real estate information databases, and performing credit bureau searches would be an asset, but not required.
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
KVCareers@kvcapital.ca (please indicate “Real Estate Finance Analyst” in the subject line)