- Study of companies’ financial performance over multiple business cycles through reading of Annual Reports and other filings.
- Assessment of true economic earnings rather than reported profits. Evaluating accounting policies, changes in accounting and the impact of the same on reported financials.
- Evaluating companies’ Quality of Earnings, Corporate Governance and Capital Allocation. Assigning quality rating to companies based on financial and business analysis.
- Studying business models, industry dynamics, potential competitive advantage, key business drivers and potential risks.
- Studying technological evolutions and their impact on different industries.
- Identifying appropriate valuation method for a company and estimating fair value.
- Conducting data driven studies to form and test investment propositions.
- Writing research reports.